Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Shop Robbing  (Read 45709 times)
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:15 AM »

Nice ones Cheesy

Taylor, The Eternal Oblivion
Mossbaby

Gas mask fetishist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 06:01:59 AM »

I generally use a rope inside the shop, throw a random object at the Shopkeeper whilst climbing the rope (I even did it with the Spelunker - I prefer to play as the damsel) and wait for the idiot to walk onto a bomb.

Or I dig through to the shop and bomb it to oblivion.

True fashion is an EXPLOSION! :3

Demons flee from me in fear. Toxic mists fill the air. So is the beginning of the World's Demise heralded, and so too is the end of the World's Demise discovered.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »

I prefer methods that don't involve killing the shopkeeper, because I just can't get through when one's waiting at every exit for the rest of the game. Pots and skulls are the best pacifist weapons, but I always forget about them when it comes time to steal something. I usually only take really valuable items, and depending on the circumstances, I just grab it and run.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »

Should I make a mod where the shop is protected by lazers and fills with poison if you kill the shoppy?

Taylor, The Eternal Oblivion
Mossbaby

Gas mask fetishist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »

Should I make a mod where the shop is protected by lazers and fills with poison if you kill the shoppy?
Yes, please!

I prefer methods that don't involve killing the shopkeeper, because I just can't get through when one's waiting at every exit for the rest of the game. Pots and skulls are the best pacifist weapons, but I always forget about them when it comes time to steal something. I usually only take really valuable items, and depending on the circumstances, I just grab it and run.
I've made it a self-imposed challenge to kill as much shopkeepers as possible. That way, I can force myself to be careful.

True fashion is an EXPLOSION! :3

Demons flee from me in fear. Toxic mists fill the air. So is the beginning of the World's Demise heralded, and so too is the end of the World's Demise discovered.
DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »

Telefragging. I often find other options not to be worth the hassle.

F

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »

I never telefragged him much. Seems too unpredictable

DialFforFunky
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »

The trick is to know what your maximum teleport distance is. I believe the tile before the shop floor begins is safe to start teleporting from.

F

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »

So just keep going until you telefrag him?

DialFforFunky
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 02:50:14 PM »

Yup. Keep running back to the tile and teleport until it works. Black market is a bit safer. Another thing that helps is to lure the shopkeeper forward a bit by picking up an item and the putting it back down again. This gives you a bit more leeway, as it allows you to stand back a bit further.

F

Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14:51 AM »

This is my method for killing the shopkeeper without guns.

1. Stand outside the shop, but carefully go near where the shopkeeper doesn't aggravate and where you are able to jump
2. Activate your bomb.
3. When it starts ticking rapidly, chuck it and quickly jump to avoid being shot
RESULT: The angry shopkeeper will run into the bomb, which will explode in a sec.

Caution: The items will fall off into the bottomless pit if the shop is on the lower height.

Hope this helped. Smiley
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »

Throwing a pot at the shoppy stuns him. When stunned grab his shorty and run. He will be weapon less and you can outrun him

rampal
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »

- pick up an item which isn't carried in your hands, like spectacles, compass, box of bombs, jetpack.
- move near the exit, shopkeeper follows you.
- Run out the exit, and jump over his bullets.  If he follows you out, you can then land on his head, grab the shotgun, and either kill him or run away.
- Sometimes he runs back the other way after shooting, so you have to jump again, then he exits the shop. Land on his head then.

Once you get the timing right you can succeed this way about 95 percent of the time.

I also like to place a sticky bomb right underneath him.  This can work well if you're trying to not kill the damsel in the process.
Roycole
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »

hack into the security system,loop the cameras and detectors and just pick what you want..  Grin Grin

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »

hack into the security system,loop the cameras and detectors and just pick what you want..  Grin Grin
That works... if the shopkeeper is blind.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: