Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Shop Robbing  (Read 47307 times)
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »

What are the best techinches to rob a shop?
Also what about black market robbing?
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »

My favorite requires either an arrow, climbing gloves or a rope.
Also works if you steal climbing gloves.

The set up:
Toss up a rope right outside the shop.
Or impale your arrow in the wall above the shop entrance
If you have climbing gloves you don't need to do that^

The Heist:
Grab an item and run out the shop. Jump and grab your rope or arrow or the wall.
Wait for shoppy to run out and curbstomp his stupid head. Grab shot gun kill him.

Works really great and all you need is an arrow. And a desire to kill shoppies
kj979
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

Not an expert, but I usually use bombs.
1: Drop bombs from above (read: digging through ceiling, easier if you have mattock)
2: Use rope, toss bomb in, climb up high
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »

Every once in a while you can blow through the roof without him getting mad. If this happens I make a little ledge and throw item by item onto it. If it is done just right it does not anger the shopkeeper. After this I throw a rope up and take the items. Then I avoid the shopkeeper on the next level and he becomes happy with me again.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »

Another trick is to crack a jar or skull over his head, grab the best item in the store and run like hell. As with the above, the shop keepers' guild will only be angry with you for one level, instead of forever.

If you skip the jar, you can still sometimes do it, but you'll have to jump over a shotgun blast as you exit the store.

Note: For those not aware, jars and skulls stun shop keepers, unlike most other thrown items.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

I'm only good at it in TLS, where a well-timed jump can net you one carryable item and anything picked up by touch.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »

I just try not to kill the shopkeeper, because I feel bad. (and it makes me lose later. Always)

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »

I just try not to kill the shopkeeper, because I feel bad. (and it makes me lose later. Always)

With my technique sometimes I leave him alive. That way I don't lose.
Unless theres some really good stuff
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »

I have tons of strategies but I can't stand not sprinting so I just run through levels.

TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »

My most favorite way is stunning a mantrap and throwing it into a shop to eat the shopkeeper. Just entertaining to do!

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »

You know, after being initially disappointed to discover they (somehow) survive that, I never gave it much thought. But It's neat actually, apparently it technically isn't a crime at all. The shop keeper does get mad, but they're not out to get you even on the next level. Of course it's limited to zone two, but still a good move to keep in your playbook as it were.
curiousdan
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

Jar in the head, grab shotgun or bomb him with one left just outside the shop. Lately i ve had enough of buying so i almost always rob him and face the consequences. And i love the black market's Shopkeeper Shootout!
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

I do the jar in head but don't kill him. It works quite well.

mrperson12999
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »

Use a webcannon, jump on his head until he dies, take his shotgun and whatever else you want, and exit stage left. You will however have to kill future shopkeepers, and if you go to the Black Market, you might as well consider yourself dead.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »

Use a webcannon, jump on his head until he dies, take his shotgun and whatever else you want, and exit stage left. You will however have to kill future shopkeepers, and if you go to the Black Market, you might as well consider yourself dead.
It's entirely possible to fight off a whole black market worth of shoppies. Not easy of course, but possible. I've done it more than once. The main trick is to just spam shotgun blasts from off the screen. But the Ankh shop often require some strategically tossed bombs. You should have lots of bombs by the time you clear the place out, so you may also want to blast a tunnel straight down to the exit from there in case one or two shoppes are still running around on the last floor.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:52:56 AM by Urza » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: