Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Psi-lunky (alpha 8)  (Read 57048 times)
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 08:39:56 AM »

A small update with a few fixes and changes.

+ is addition, * is change, ^ is fix.

+Recycle Power. Turn dead stuff to health. Not available via the normal methods.
+New way to get powers. Including Recycle!
+You can now buy off negative Kali favor by sacrificing something of value.
*Tunnel Man starts with Break Block power.
^You can actually get the Push power in normal game play.

Next update should be the Pala update.
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »

I may have slightly fallen in love with this mod and streamed an hour-long video of me playing it for a few friends, which I then uploaded to YouTube..

I did notice a small bug with the cursor, however. Whilst playing, I found that sometimes the cursor would simply vanish, and reappear upon loading the next level. It was confusing while recording, but while going through and editing the video, I think I figured out what was happening.

When the cursor is still, it seems to try to remain on the tile you left it on. I think sometimes when it goes offscreen in doing that, that bugs out.

I could PM/link to the video here if it wouldn't be considered advertising, but I thought it might be helpful!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:59:35 PM by NalaNosivad » Logged

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »

I'm going to link plz, since videos are cool.

Also ego inflation from getting something I made streamed. What is even happening?
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 02:10:32 AM »

I think Cthulhu is returning.. that's the only explanation, right?

Also, linky!

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »

Yay video. Also it helped me realize why the cursor got borked for some but not others. Windowed mode! Since the cursor follows the mouse, unless it's off screen. In that case it just sits there. Now I've added checks to keep the thing on the screen. Woo!
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »

So I got to the jade city or whatever... I guess I shouldn't have done that. Undecided That's an unfinished area, I take it.
Code:
ERROR in
action number 3
of  Step Event
for object oPlayer1:

Error in code at line 565:
           if (isRealLevel()) global.levelDeaths[global.currLevel-1] += 1;
                              ^
at position 29: Unknown variable levelDeaths or array index out of bounds
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »

So I got to the jade city or whatever... I guess I shouldn't have done that. Undecided That's an unfinished area, I take it.
Code:
ERROR in
action number 3
of  Step Event
for object oPlayer1:

Error in code at line 565:
           if (isRealLevel()) global.levelDeaths[global.currLevel-1] += 1;
                              ^
at position 29: Unknown variable levelDeaths or array index out of bounds

Well I totally forgot about that particular piece of test code! It's gone now.

Also behold! I have unlocked the secrets of new areas. Muhaha.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

Oh hey I'm going to artbeg again, because while I'm getting the knack of altering existing art to make new things, creating stuff from scratch is defeating me. So, artbegs:

A small shield (red)
A bigger shield (blue)
A bigger shield (gold)

These a items that go in the HUD bar.

I'm probably going to have to give Urza something at some point.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »

A small shield (red)
A bigger shield (blue)
A bigger shield (gold)
So, to clarify, are these status icons only, or do they also show up as a physical object in the game world too? And any preference as to whether they should all be the same shape?

BTW, I noticed a bug with Tunnel Man's starting power. It seems to be set when you finish a game (i.e die) rather then when you begin one, so if you swap characters the starting spell lags behind for one game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:22:21 AM by Urza » Logged
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2013, 02:35:25 AM »

A small shield (red)
A bigger shield (blue)
A bigger shield (gold)
So, to clarify, are these status icons only, or do they also show up as a physical object in the game world too? And any preference as to whether they should all be the same shape?

Yeah they need to also be around in game land. As for shape as long as the small one is smaller it should be okay.

BTW, I noticed a bug with Tunnel Man's starting power. It seems to be set when you finish a game (i.e die) rather then when you begin one, so if you swap characters the starting spell lags behind for one game.

I have no idea how this happens. Excuse me while I panic code.
Edit: Wait you were right it was a another 'the hell why?' moment. Fun!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:51:00 AM by hyperme » Logged
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:44 AM »

You know, a (potentially) tricky to implement ability that would be quite neat is telepathy/mind control. Maybe make it work similarly to Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus. Possess, control, use powers (perhaps for a limited time, or within a set radius from the player), and end with the option of killing the thing.

Could be handy if you have no offensive powers or bombs and, for example, have a giant mummy blocking your only means of escape. Should probably be ridiculously expensive to use, of course. Just a random thought that popped into my mind!

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2013, 06:21:05 AM »

I may have slightly fallen in love with this mod and streamed an hour-long video of me playing it for a few friends, which I then uploaded to YouTube..

Funny video, I've still got the last bit left to watch. Your 'JIMINY CRICKET!' meltdown made me LOL. I was getting critical of how you were playing but then I realized I do the same thing - that is, missing a lot of opportunities to use the psi powers. I think part if it is being used to playing 'vanilla', but also getting distracted by collecting tablets and mushrooms (yay! upgrades!). Sometimes I get through a few levels completely forgetting to use the powers and it isn't until I'm out of rope or want to screw over a shopkeep by spawning a block on him that I remember.

The Summon Flare starting power is especially useful *everywhere* to trigger arrow traps and get rid of snakes/frogs etc before you even get close enough for them to attack, and stun mantraps/yetis to get past them, and provides a steady supply of thrown projectiles.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2013, 09:03:56 AM »

Yeah they need to also be around in game land. As for shape as long as the small one is smaller it should be okay.
They don't have to be visibly warn by the character though, do they? And are the second two are the same size? I was thinking you meant three sizes are first.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

They don't have to be visibly warn by the character though, do they? And are the second two are the same size? I was thinking you meant three sizes are first.

Yes and yes. Man these artbegs are getting more beg by the post.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2013, 12:08:11 PM »

Hehehe. To get revenge I have created extra work for you by making four version of each shield to use in different places. They are: on ground, held facing right, held facing left, and status icon, in that order.

I just made them plain, except for the gold one which has a suggestion of a tree-like something or other, because it's hard to make something featureless look golden. Speaking of which, I threw in something you forgot to beg for earlier, free of charge.

Download

Edit: Said the order of the images wrong at first. Fixed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:48:55 PM by Urza » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: