Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Psi-lunky (alpha 8)  (Read 54323 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »

Instead of P, how about the middle or right mouse button? Seems logical since you're already using the mouse for activating powers.

Glad the gold traps worked out. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the next version.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »

Instead of P, how about the middle or right mouse button? Seems logical since you're already using the mouse for activating powers.

Glad the gold traps worked out. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the next version.

Man how did I not think of that. You rock.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:58 PM »

Since I continue to be terrible an any attempt at art, I'm going to make another request to cover my inability to makes things not look terrible.

What I need is a sprite for a stone tablet/plate thing, to act as the power giving items. Ideally it should be easy to recolour, so I don't have to make stupid art requests every time I want to add a new power.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »

Is this at all on the right track? I realize it looks an awful lot like a smaller headstone.

Spelunky WallSpelunky Push BlockSpace   Spelunky Dude

No idea if it's particularly easy to recolor. Here you see it in the standard block and rock colors respectively.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »

<3

Dude you rock. And I guess I can drag them through an automatic recolour thingy to see of that works. Thanks!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »

New update! This contains stuff:

>Golden Traps
>New Power - Deploy Rope
>'Progression'
>Chromatic variation of an enemy 'inspired' by Castlevania.

Now, instead of starting with all the powers, you only start with Summon Flare. However, structures containing special tablets will spawn, which hold powers. There should be slightly more common than Altars, but can contain powers you already have. This will be rectified.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

This is great! The flare power alone is by no means weak since it's good for taking out frogs and such from a safe distance, but Spelunky is always full of enough unexpected hazards that it doesn't feel like a cakewalk or anything.

I'm still getting an occasional bug where it loses the cursor, I seems to be related to going most of a level without using it.

EDIT:
Another bug:
If you get two of the same tablet, you end up with two copies in your power rotation. E.g. if I get two Break Block" tablets the mouse wheel cycles through Flare > Break Block > Break Block > Flare > Break Block > Break Block ... and the right-click menu gets kind of weird too.

And another:
If you assign powers non-sequential numbers, e.g. 1,2,4 on the right-click menu, they don't cycle properly when you use the wheel.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:05:32 PM by Urza » Logged
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »

Fun. Still working a control scheme that works well for me...just remembered I have 2 extra customizable buttons on my mouse so that should help.

- i think there's an issue with the room that contains a tablet being generated in the temple...4 red skeletons spawned 1 block above ground with a mummy in a small pit, but there was no tablet.

- Power idea - a sort of push/telekinesis. its like a quick blast of air (like XBLA version) but isn't aimed in a specific direction, the force originates at the center of the cursor. Just powerful enough bump an item one tile to the side (like a crate on a ledge above, so you don't have to waste a rope). It could stun enemies that can be stunned but does no damage. if used on a hanging spider or bat it will cause them to drop/fly. Not strong enough to move a push block or gold idol.

- Suggestion: remember currently selected power between levels.

- Idea: use the purple mushroom sprite for an item in levelgen. Instantly restores 1 psi point?

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

I like the mushroom idea. I think it should be in a crate.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »

I had a moment of clarity..ditched kb/mouse and went back to gamepad. Used Xpadder to control mouse cursor with right analog stick and added left click and scroll wheel to leftover buttons. Works pretty good for me.

Putting the mushroom in a crate would be  waste of opportunity to get (at the very least) extra bombs or rope. If you spend a few seconds going out of your way or use a bomb or rope to get at a crate only to find a mushroom in it, then it was a waste. Would make more sense if they grew on blocks.

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 06:17:30 PM »

It would.

IFapToYourSister
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »

THIS MOD IS SO FUCKING COOL!!!!!! It really gives off a sense of progression whenever you get a new tablet or psychic orb thingy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:58:19 AM by SuperX46! » Logged
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »

Update! + is addition, * is change, ^ is fix.

+Push power. Push things around.
+Mushrooms! There are three types.
+Tablets selection in editor. Use 7 to access.
+Added power tablets to editor.
+Added Red Skeleton to editor.
+Added Amethyst and Big Amethyst to editor.
+Added Gold Chest to editor.
+Added Teal Brick to editor. Graphic may change if I get better ones.
*Changed how vault powers are distributed.
*Another way to get Amethysts.
^Power Vaults no longer contain powers you have.
^Area 4 vaults now work.
^You can't assign a power to slot higher than the number of powers you have.
^Tablets with powers you have will auto-destruct.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:14:48 PM by hyperme » Logged
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

Thanks for working on this so much Cheesy

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

Ooh push power is cool. I havent come across it in game yet but i tried it in the editor. Good job on the whole thing!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: