Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: falling damage from the jetpack  (Read 4897 times)
will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »

I just found the jetpack for maybe the 2nd time ever (not in a shop at least), and I keep getting falling damage even though I didn't fall from very high.  It seems like just being in the air too long with the jetpack will give you falling damage, even if you were never at a high enough altitude to fall for damage.  Is this WAD?  cause it makes the jetpack too dangerous to use (like the teleporter).

Also, when you use a pickaxe, it digs even when you use it to attack a monster.  Is it supposed to do both at the same time?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:17:13 AM »

Yes, the pickaxe is supposed to dig even when it hits something else before hitting the ground. I've never had that problem with the jetpack, though. Usually you can avoid fall damage just by giving it one little puff before hitting the ground. Are you having this problem in regular Spelunky, or is it a mod?

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »

I was playing the regular game, but I was using the editor plus executable.  Would that make a difference?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »

That would, yes. For most mods, the executable is all that counts. Considering just how much was changed for that mod, I'm not surprised to find out this is an issue. Maybe another modder here knows how to fix that...

will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »

I was thinking the editor plus would only affect the editor and custom levels.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

Many things got boinked in the process of making objects compatible with custom levels. The full extent of the damage is hard to say.

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »

I was thinking the editor plus would only affect the editor and custom levels.

Anytime you change code of anything there is a risk of something that seems unrelated will be affected. For example when I was coding Spelunky (Now Even Harder!), increasing the amount of tiki traps screwed with path finding. It took forever to fix it. So bottom line if you experiance a glitch, try the original.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: