Poll
Question: Should I make this Level Series?
Yes! I would love that! - 5 (62.5%)
Ehh, Ok - 1 (12.5%)
Maybe, Maybe Not... - 1 (12.5%)
No - 0 (0%)
HELL NO! - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rainbow Blocks! (YASM Levelpack) *Back and BETTER THEN EVER!*  (Read 41017 times)
RedbatNicholas
Shoot

Hello! This is what I look like!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

K, Tight, This should help out, I just now installed Spelunky Editor Plus, So expect a bit of a layout change in the levels!

I am a bat, I am red, And I am as strong as a god! You shall worship me!
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »

Nice! I assumed you were using it from the beginning

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 06:48:16 AM »

Except the title of this thread says (YASM Levelpack)
RedbatNicholas
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »

Quick Question, Does anyone know how to get enemies to drop specific items on death? I try "drop={item}" And it doesn't change anything

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:36 PM »

Quick Question, Does anyone know how to get enemies to drop specific items on death? I try "drop={item}" And it doesn't change anything

I'm assuming you are trying to do it with non-miniboss enemies, since you can already make custom drops with them in Editor Plus.
You would have to make a condition that creates the item when their hp is at 0 or status is dead. There is no built-in code/variable that makes ordinary enemies drop objects when they die.

I've been meaning to post some Magic Signs tutorials for stuff like this but haven't had the time yet.

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 12:58:10 AM »

Magic signs are confusing...

RedbatNicholas
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

I'm assuming you are trying to do it with non-miniboss enemies, since you can already make custom drops with them in Editor Plus.
You would have to make a condition that creates the item when their hp is at 0 or status is dead. There is no built-in code/variable that makes ordinary enemies drop objects when they die.

I've been meaning to post some Magic Signs tutorials for stuff like this but haven't had the time yet.

Well, Sorta... I was trying to find a way to get bosses to drop items required to continue on, And I try it with keys and EVERYTHING, but still nothing

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »

You should be able to just place the item you want them to drop in the white bracket nearby them. Make sure they're on the same layer when you do so, too.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
RedbatNicholas
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »

I know how to do that, But I mean as in get my bosses that I made with signs to drop items, It is like, I have "The Spider Queen" Set to drop a Key upon death, BUT it won't drop when she dies

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »

Well, I don't know the specifics of your boss monster, but only humanoid monsters in Spelunky have a 'dead' status. Almost all the others disappear when their hp hits 0. You'd need to set it to drop when the creature's hp is 0 or less, and I don't know if there would be a logistics issue with the instance not being around to create the item as a result.

I don't know jack about magic signs, but that's my best guess based on my work in GM.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »

I got it to work, but since the the hanging and non-hanging giant spiders are different objects, the condition to drop a key on death wouldn't carry over after the spider drops from the ceiling. I applied it to a giant spider already on the ground, but prevented it from attacking until the player passes near a trigger sign. If there's a way to set the condition to spider once it drops from the ceiling, I haven't figured it out yet (create a condition based on a condition? I think it's possible..? EDIT: have the condition create a new oMsgSign containing the next condition - MAGICSIGNCEPTION).

spiderdropkey.lvl file (Editor Plus, playable):
http://www.mediafire.com/?lvkpy5322p5tl3z

Breakdown/lesson:
(assuming use of better sign editor by pressing M or middle-mouse on signs, + it allows you to copy/paste text)

Sign to create giant spider (add what's needed to your existing Spider Queen):
Code:
?oGiantSpider?hp=40?status=2?loot=""
Creates giant spider with 40 hp, in the "RECOVER" status that will prevent it from moving or responding to anything. Loot is emptied to prevent it from dropping paste.

Sign to make spider drop key on death (must be loaded after the sign above - place on right side or below previous sign):
Code:
%AoGiantSpider,Vhp,OA<%?oKey?x+=16?y+=24
The condition is between the two "%", the rest of the sign is what happens when the condition is met.
The nearest oGiantSpider is assigned to be the associated object for this condition. When its hp is less than 1 (default number for variable checking is 1, so we don't have to set it here), create a key. We've offset the x/y position so the key is created at the center of the spider's sprite - otherwise if there is a wall/ceiling to the left of the spider when it dies, the key could get stuck there.

Sign to 'wake' the spider when the player passes nearby:
Code:
%ToPlayer1,D32,O@%?!SET:oGiantSpider?status=1
When the target object (oPlayer1) comes within 32 pixels or less of the center (@) of this sign, put any giant spiders in the level into "BOUNCE" status, causing it to immediatly leap in the direction of the player, then carry on attacking as normal. This is placed at the entrance to the boss room. You'll want have the spider in a position where it's protected from any ranged weapons before this sign is triggered.

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »

...I think I just got owned. Shocked

RedbatNicholas
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

Moloch, I salute you for helping, In fact, Considering you know about 70% in M.S. then I do, I'll let you help on the project! I did notice one little problem though, Even though I leave the loot blank, It still drops paste and gems, But it does drop the key
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:49:20 PM by RedbatNicholas » Logged

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »

I got it to work, but since the the hanging and non-hanging giant spiders are different objects, the condition to drop a key on death wouldn't carry over after the spider drops from the ceiling.

So apparently someone screwed up somewhere, since my copy of the Editor+ Code transfers loot from hanging to active Giant Spiders. You should be able to set loot to "Key" and Mr. Spider can drop a key. There's also the Red Skull blocks, which break when a miniboss dies.

Of course, YASM could be different. Which would be Moloch's fault!  Shocked
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

So apparently someone screwed up somewhere, since my copy of the Editor+ Code transfers loot from hanging to active Giant Spiders. You should be able to set loot to "Key" and Mr. Spider can drop a key. There's also the Red Skull blocks, which break when a miniboss dies.

Of course, YASM could be different. Which would be Moloch's fault!  Shocked

I spoke wrong there. The loot does transfer (in the Editor+ fan update too). YASM is different (my fault!), but I would encourage you to use Editor+ for your level anyway.  I made my example in Editor+ because the OP said he had switched to that.

I've been assuming the problem RedbatNicholas was having is that the hanging spider ONLY transfers the hp and loot variables, but he is including more variable changes with his custom boss that are being lost when the the spider drops.

Moloch, I salute you for helping, In fact, Considering you know about 70% in M.S. then I do, I'll let you help on the project! I did notice one little problem though, Even though I leave the loot blank, It still drops paste and gems, But it does drop the key

You're using loot="" ? With the double quotes? I don't know why that wouldn't work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: