Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Restart Spelunky (and TLS)  (Read 14828 times)
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 04:19:31 AM »

Yep, comes down to guesswork unfortunately. Sad

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Stracker
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »

Alright, I tried to modify one single thing (the game over text) and game maker gives me errors about the treasuregen script... I fixed it with a workaround and now bomb give errors too, I think there's a problem with gamemaker
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »

If you copy/paste the error messages here, we might be able to help you fix them.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Stracker
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 06:04:13 AM »

I can fix these errors myself, the problem is I get these errors without even touching the source code.
I just change the text of a string and I get errors. I tried to take a clean source and I get the same errors.
Anyway the errors I encountered are :
-oMusic errors, but I know it just comes from the fact I run spelunky without supersound.dll next to it

-scrTreasuregen wasn't called properly several times in scrInitLevel, It was called without arguments when it needed one, I just changed every call to have 1 as an argument and it worked...

-something about collision in oExplosion that when I tried to fix, led to a corrupted exe whenever I tried to compile...

Note that I have this with this mod's source AND the original spelunky 1.1 source

I think it's a problem with my version of gamemaker, but I may be wrong...
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:17 AM »

First off use 1.2. I also had text errors while working on my Pacifist mod but found a way around it. I forgot exactly what I did

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »

Hmm...some of those sound familiar, but without the the actual word-for-word error message, there's not much I can do for you. o.o

Fridgelid
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »

Ok I'm new to this, and I'm on os x. I have scoured the internet for any type of guide on how to just simply install mods, but haven't found anything... can anyone compile a step-by-step guide how I can install this on mac with game maker lite? I have no experience with coding or modding spelunky, thanks.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

I think GM doesn't work on Macs just like everything else, but someone might know how to do it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:04:09 PM by halibabica » Logged

Fridgelid
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

It works on mac, but I think in order for this quick restart mod to work I just have to drag it in the right place... I have the quick restart .exe and .gm81, any idea where I might put them?
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

Okay, here's the thing. "Mods" for Spelunky are really altered copies of the entire game, minus the sounds and music (thus the need to put them in the same folder as the standard game). They are are normally offered as windows .exe files, with .gmk or .gm81 source code sometimes available as well.

There are two possible ways you can play them on a Mac. Use some type of emulator to play the exe file, or compile the source code using the full (not lite) version of Game Maker for Mac. Unfortunately, Game Maker for Mac seems to be two versions behind the PC version and I don't think many of the mods were designed for Game Maker 7.

I would guess the emulator is your best bet, but I don't have any personal experience with this. Wish I could be more help, but evidently Spelunky just doesn't have a very big Mac fanbase.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: