Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Darc's mod 1.1 (Update Agust 6 2012)  (Read 15653 times)
Darc_Wolf
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:15:43 AM »

Hey all. I made a relatively simple mod for the fanmod that Delver created for the "Yet Another Spelunky Mod" that was created by Moloch!

This mod is a very simple mod. It adds a chance for a longer whip with a base price of $2500 to appear in the shop. Purchase it, and revel in having a longer whip. (It's twice the length)

Also, it adds a chance for a metal whip to come out of crates. Pick his up, and your whip will do 2 damage instead of one when it hits enemies. This mod is simply trying to improve the whip that you get. The whips are not 100% chance to spawn in the shop or the crate.

And as of 1.1, Damsels can now give you two health instead of one if you get them to the exit with them taking no damage.

EDIT: I derped. I forgot the link.
http://upurload.com/dl/?n=9239

UPDATES: 1.1
http://upurload.com/dl/?n=9247
-Renamed the exe file.
-Mod will now use it's own text file.
-Decreased the amount of damage the iron whip does. It used to do three, now it does two damage.
-Added a "savior" system for damsels. Now, as long as a damsel has 4 health, you'll see a heart above the damsel. (If she get's hurt, the heart goes away) if you bring the damsel to the  exit while she has 4 health, the text in the transition will change to "MY SAVIOR" and you'll get two health instead of one. I also plan on adding in the ability for her to get hurt by monsters and fall damage.
-Changed one little option so that if you move fast enough, you'll see Spelunky after image. Not realistic at all (Not with the speed you have to go) But I thought it looked cool. I didn't make this, just changed one option so it's on.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:00:04 AM by Darc_Wolf » Logged
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »

Cool mod!

Darc_Wolf
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »

UPDATE: Darcmod 1.1.
-Renamed the exe file.
-Mod will now use it's own text file.
-Decreased the amount of damage the iron whip does. It used to do three, now it does two damage.
-Added a "savior" system for damsels. Now, as long as a damsel has 4 health, you'll see a heart above the damsel. (If she get's hurt, the heart goes away) if you bring the damsel to the  exit while she has 4 health, the text in the transition will change to "MY SAVIOR" and you'll get two health instead of one. I also plan on adding in the ability for her to get hurt by monsters and fall damage.
-Changed one little option so that if you move fast enough, you'll see Spelunky after image. Not realistic at all (Not with the speed you have to go) But I thought it looked cool. I didn't make this, just changed one option so it's on.

Link: http://upurload.com/dl/?n=9247
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:58:58 AM by Darc_Wolf » Logged
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »

Nice. I really like the damsel system.

I'm actively working on YASM 1.7 (includes Delver's fanmod additions). You showed me that adding new stuff to the inventory system wasn't that big of a deal, and i've made some changes to make it easier. Next item I add, I'll leave comments in the code with a list of where changes are made.

Darc_Wolf
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »

Awesome. When you release 1.7, I'll...uh, re-do my mod then! Haha.
Thanks for commenting. I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to Game Maker though, I'm sure you're much better, but thank you SO much for making it easier. There are still glitches for adding stuff that I had. For instance, in the inventory, it randomly says you have the long whip, when you don't. And I couldn't figure out how to disable and enable it.
DooM Marine
Shoot

Yep.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »

Would there be any possible way to disable the Spelunker's motion blur? It's a really neat mod that fits in well with YASM, but I'm just not a huge fan of that blur.

Thanks for the help! (if any.)

Ooh, money!
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »

I'm sure there is I just haven't played this mod Tongue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:53:44 PM by Nathan Cash » Logged

IFapToYourSister
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »

Get this when I start it up: ___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object oMusic:

Error defining an external function.

I put it in the same folder as all my other spelunky mods.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

That is because of 1 of 2 things. Either this mod uses different music and you have to download the original mod to get it or its not in the same folder as the rest of your Spelunky mods.

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 03:06:00 AM »

I think this mod relies on Yet Another Spelunky, I get errors too.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
IFapToYourSister
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »

Now when I put YASM in the same folder as it, THIS happens:
for object oGlobals:

In script scrClearGlobals:
In script scrScumGlobals:
In script scrClearInventory:
Error in code at line 81:
   if global.hoarder global.inventory[13,2] = 99 else global.inventory[13,2] = 16
             ^
at position 12: Unknown variable hoarder
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »

Put it in its own folder. If you get the music error click ignore for a while and it will go away.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

Or put it in the main Spelunky folder.

It needs the DLL that's there in order to do sound routines.

The sound and the music itself is optional, but is recommended for maximum enjoyment.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

Or put it in the main Spelunky folder.

It needs the DLL that's there in order to do sound routines.

The sound and the music itself is optional, but is recommended for maximum enjoyment.

He already tried that

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »

Re: "global.hoarder" error message:

Just make sure you have the yasm_settings.txt file in your Spelunky folder (from the YASM 1.6 zip) with Darc's mod. The game is supposed to use default settings if it can't find that file, but something is wrong there, so...error.

EDIT
You don't need the rest of the YASM files, so here's a quick link for yasm_settings.txt on it's own:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n568mwkltuh61dz/yasm_settings.txt
 (click Download > Direct Download on top bar)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:28:11 PM by Moloch » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: