Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Line of Sight Mod!  (Read 18791 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

Very impressive. I do have one suggestion though. This seems to disable the Ujdat Eye's gem finding ability (and presumably also the spectacles). Why not give them new abilities that integrate with the LoS mechanic? For instance the Ujdat Eye might let you see through one layer of blocks while touching them. Or the spectacles could show items within a a certain range visible, even if out of LoS.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:41:14 PM by Urza » Logged
Kegluneq
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »

I thought about changing a few item abilities, especially those, to suit the mod better. It's definitely a possibility.

EDIT: Got any ideas anyone? Here are the items that need changing most: Eye of Udjat, Spectacles, and Teleporter (it's much harder to teleport when you have no idea where you're going).
Urza's ideas are pretty good, but I wanna see what everyone else may have in mind.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 04:52:05 AM »

I have some ideas!

Spectacles: On top of revealing objects hidden underground, these could show the placement of all solids in the cave.  Any blocks out of your view could glow white, showing you the layout of the cave.  However, you still wouldn't be able to see enemies, spikes, etc.

Udjat Eye: Being more common to obtain than the Specs, this should have a similar effect, but nerfed.  I'm thinking it could make treasures glow when out of view, including those buried in blocks.

Teleporter: I suggest this at the risk of making it too useful, but you could give it a fail safe so it won't teleport you inside a solid.  Like, if the selected destination would crush the player, it could play the unused sound effect 'bombready' instead of teleporting them.  That's the best I can think of without revealing all possible teleport destinations ahead.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

Pretty nifty mod, I like it. I absolutely love the new ice.

A bug I haven't seen mentioned but I assume you where already aware of, is that movable blocks do not work anymore.

It would be cool to add some sort of memory to it, allowing you see parts of the level you have been.

As for the teleporter: of course you could also alter it's function completely. For instance, you could make it a radar, allowing you to see enemies as red dots if out of line of sight.

F

Kegluneq
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »

I thought about some kind of sonar feature, although I was thinking more along the lines of mapping the caves out, but that my be a little OP. I like your enemy idea, that would be really useful.

The "fog of war" idea is pretty good too, but that would be difficult to make, so I'm going to have to pass on that.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:47 AM »

On Teleporter, if you went with the idea of blocking unsafe teleports, perhaps you could add a delay between uses. That might be enough to discourage spamming it randomly.
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »

Maybe an item that lets you "remember" the areas you've seen... like, an outline or something...
Wonkyth
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 02:22:48 AM »

Actually, that's a good point. The sprite for the teleporter is generic-looking enough that it could serve a multitude of possible purposes.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Icecream
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:08 AM »

I know this is a dead topic but I love this mod, it's certainly my favorite.

A couple of bugs I noticed, I can't see gems even with the ujadt eye or glasses, can't push blocks. If you ever decide to keep working on it know that I support and encourage you greatly.

also, created this account just to say this.
Kegluneq
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »

Thanks!
I thought I fixed the moving block problem, but I was aware of the gem thing. I never really felt like updating before, but now that I see many more people have downloaded it perhaps it is time for an update!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: