Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You Made It!  (Read 4872 times)
Evarin
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »

Finally beat this game...using the no-ghost mod. Still, it only took me 320 deaths. Many of those were suicides, but they still obviously count. Been lurking on these boards for quite some time and I wanted to express my sincere thanks to the modding community and to Derek for this great game.

PS

Come out with a no-ghost option for the XBLA game and I will buy it on the spot.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »

You will learn to appreciate the ghost

supermariousa
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »

You will learn to appreciate the ghost
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »

Thats a pic of ghost running. A technique that can make you richer than Derek himself

Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »

I'm glad you like the no-ghost-mod, but I do hope you'll be able to get to a point where you don't need it.
Even if you go after every gold bar you can reach, there's still plenty of time to make it through a level, especially with the 30 second warning to urge you to stop dawdling.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Evarin
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »

Eh, I can get through 90% of the levels without ever crossing the 2:30 barrier, but I definitely wouldn't want to be killed the 10% of the time I don't. I die WAY more than enough as it is. I like to be able to take my time, explore, backtrack, etc. The ghost robs me of that aspect of the game IMO. I can understand the benefits of ghost running and the allure of the mechanic itself. It just isn't for me.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »

Eh, I can get through 90% of the levels without ever crossing the 2:30 barrier, but I definitely wouldn't want to be killed the 10% of the time I don't. I die WAY more than enough as it is. I like to be able to take my time, explore, backtrack, etc. The ghost robs me of that aspect of the game IMO. I can understand the benefits of ghost running and the allure of the mechanic itself. It just isn't for me.

Ghost runs turn gems into diamonds (which is accomplished by having the ghost overlap with the gems).

Ghosts also add to the challenge.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »

Just saying I got my first real win
7 saves too killed my eiighth by accident
the reason I couldnt beat olmec before is cause I never had enough bombs
Evarin
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »

How do you use bombs to beat Olmec? I'd be interested to hear the tactic. I used the scepter to keep the enemy mobs at bay, then simply had him go back and forth, leaving the ground even enough to climb up on my own.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »

you can bomb down to the lava then let him fall in

Evarin
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »

That does indeed sound like you would need a LOT of bombs.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »

To use only bombs yes, it's better to throw one or two as he rises so they explode as, or just before, he slams down. This way you bust a couple extra layers off, but you make a nice death hole for yourself if you're not careful too. That's how I won at least, jumping around screaming bloody murder and tossing bombs crazily. (uh, I don't recommend that strategy though)

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »

I do it the cheap way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMU9rz0T4ZQ

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: