Xbox360 is better than PS3
RESOLVED MY ASS THAT LINE BETTER NOT ACTUALLY BE BASED OFF THE FINAL OPINION OF THE FORUM OTHERWISE I HAVE LOST SO MUCH RESPECT FOR ALL OF YOU
The Xbox is complete trash. In the end it works out to be an okay system to play games on, but to say it is in any way better than the PS3 is uneducated and fucking stupid. I can list a ton of reasons why.
1. Failure Rate: The Xbox360 has known to have an incredibly high rate of failure. That's what the RRoD is, it's the Xbox's shoddy design making it shit itself in displeasure. This partially why they made the new, more angular systems, because the previous versions were garbage.
2. Xbox Live Gold: What kind of stupid greedy company makes you pay just to play online? It's unfair and unacceptable. Sony doesn't do this.
3. The controllers aren't as good: Not as big of an issue, but hear me out. The D-Pad on the 360 controller actually isn't four buttons like it should be, its another control stick but with a flat, plus-shaped pad on top, this makes it much less responsive than it should be. Furthermore the D-Pad is so far out of reach it makes games that would be better played with them (platformers, retro games, fighting games) a nightmare to play. If you own both systems, play pad, and buy a fighting game on the 360 you are an idiot.
4. Microsoft treat their vendors like complete garbage: Microsoft cares about nothing but making money, and will make anyone who tries to sell a game on their system not only jump through dozens of hoops, but will usually screw them over in the end. Examples: Recently released indie game Fez had to make a post release fix to a glitch that made the game unplayable. Polytron, the makers of Fez, are now 40 thousand dollars in debt to microsoft because it costs ludicrous amounts of money to issue a patch. Another Indie hit, Super Meat Boy, wasn't allowed to be released on any other system for several months due to a contract with microsoft. Even worse, Bungie, you know, makers of HALO seem to have had their entire franchise stolen from them by Microsoft just because it was a money maker and microsoft wants money. Halo 3 was supposed to be the final game in the series (the tag line was "finish the fight") and now halo 4 isn't even being made by Bungie at all.
5. Xbox360 is old(er) hardware: Another lesser evil, but really. 360 first launched in what, 2004? 2005? and PS3 in 2006 with built in Blu-Ray player. It may have almost bankrupt sony on launch, but you can't deny that having Blu-Ray is much better than having a shitty old DVD player.
6. They call it 360 because it carves a perfect circle into your disk: I can't give details on what model or what circumstance this occurs in, nor if it happens on the PS3 at all, but accidentally moving the 360 at all while a disk is inserted can cause it to scratch the disk all away around which will cause it to become completely useless.
7. This is not oven-safe: Again, not sure what model, but a method to fix some issue with the connections on the motherboard coming loose was developed called the "Baking Method". The fact that this exists in the first place is absurd and I can guarantee the PS3 has no similar issue. To try to explain it, the 360 gets REALLY FUCKING HOT and this actually causes the CONNECTIONS TO THE MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERBOARD TO MELT AND DISCONNECT which results in image issues I think, and somehow someone got the idea that to fix it they should WRAP THE THING UP IN A GODDAMN BLANKET TO MAKE IT OVERHEAT AGAIN AND MAKE THE CONNECTIONS MELT AND REATTACH. Now maybe you're thinking "why did she spam capslock throughout that sentence?" and the answer to that question is I just cannot fathom how stupid all of that is. I cannot understand how no one would notice this in QA testing before launch of the system. I cannot understand why someone would think "I'll make it overheat again and that will fix it". I cannot understand why multiple people would do this. I cannot understand why anything would exist that actually destroys itself with regular use nor is potentially fixed by doing the thing that destroyed it in the first place. I cannot understand why anyone would know this and say "yeah, the 360 is a good system".
The are only two things the Xbox does better than the PS3, and neither matter. One is that people can bypass the bullshit that is trying to get your game accepted to the XBL Arcade and choose to put a game up on the Indies section where it is mostly unmonitored. This is moot however because most of the games there are trash and the good ones might as well just be sold on the computer (and with Steam recently releasing Steam Wallet cards for sale at American GameStops we can rule out the phrase "at least you don't have to pay with a credit card to buy games off the xbox when there's msp cards" as an acceptable argument as to why XBLi would have any use). The other thing is that XNA (the programming language XBox runs on I believe) is much more flexible and easy to learn than whatever language PS3 runs on. This is moot for the same reasons as why the Indies section is moot, and also because choosing not to learn a language other than XNA will likely end up with you 40K in dept like Polytron is or some other stupid thing because you're stuck with selling it on a Microsoft-based system.
Oh and that stupid "PS3 has no games" argument hasn't been true since launch.
I have no idea of this message is called for or not, I didnt read the actual debate, but I don't want to either, I don't want to have to possibly read someone giving the 360 undeserved praise.
I really hate the 360 as a whole, sorry for bringing it back to that, but hhhh microsoft is as bad as apple.