Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony SDK!  (Read 4195 times)
babaum
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:22:34 AM »

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to forumses Smiley

So, I may get the flames of fury for this, especially because I think it could have already been asked around, but here it is: Sony will soon release the Sony SDK, which will aim directly to indie developers. Have you considered porting the XBLA Spelunky to PS3 or even better, the VITA? I'm addicted to Spelunky for PC for months now, I would gladly pay an AAA title price to play it on my VITA. I think I speak for lots of gamers on this subject.

Thanks for your amazing game anyway! I have gamemaker and I spent quite some time with the source code, its nothing less than superb work. Congratulations!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »

I dunno if Derek will port Spelunky XBLA to anything else.  I don't even know when it's supposed to be finished.  Shocked

Chances are, though, we won't get a direct response from him unless Wonkyth mentions it to him.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:54:03 AM »

If it goes anywhere else, I should think there would be a period of exclusivity first, tends to go that way. Sometimes the developers are contractually obligated not to tell people they might be making it for another system too. This way people are more likely to buy the one that's available. So if they seem dismissive about it, that could be why.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

From what I can tell (the details are somewhat shrouded in mystery), the only thing that would result in a developer being bound by a contract that would prevent them from giving details would be if they are running under a contract provided by a financial backer, which may be required to cover the (substantial) start-up costs. While it is fairly possible that Derek and Co have paid all that themselves, it is equally likely they've done it another way, such as through a financier of some kind...
Regardless, it's generally preferable for such large statements to be avoided, as they only lead to confusion.
That said, I might poke Derek about it some time, if a suitable opportunity presents itself. Tongue

Also: Welcome to the forums, Babaum! Cheesy

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »

I'm still upset it won't be ported to pc as Derek has said. Now to buy an Xbox...

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »

This should be discussed in the XBLA version's subforum, not here!

This is for the origional version!

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: