Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit game  (Read 6448 times)
10vorne
Seedling

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:35 AM »

Hi,

I got a cab with Mame-Games AND Windows-Games, that can be controlled via Gamepad/Joystick-Buttons. Everything works fine with Spelunky, except Quitting the game. To quit the game I have to press the whip-button, but that doesn't. I can't jump with the "Jump-Button" in the Start-Screen (to climb up to quit), because when I press it, a level-load-screen pops up. The same button works finde IN the game.

Any ideas?
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:48 AM »

Ummm... Don't use a gamepad?
10vorne
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »

No, it's a joystick-Board to use with Game-Cabinets. but I don't understand, that I can't quit the game with the whip-button...that works in the game.

Perhaps it is possible to built-in 2x escapes=quit the game? Wink
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

I play with a gamepad, but I don't quite follow you. I quit by pausing the game and pressing the "Rope" button (Start + B in my config). The level load menu comes up by pressing F3, which isn't even part of the gamepad config. Gamepad buttons (jump, whip, etc) should work the same whether in the title screen or playing the level.

If you can't get it working, I could make a quick mod to add a custom quit key that will work with your setup. 2x escape would normally just pause and unpause, we could add some other double-tap key or combo to quit, or we could go with 2x escape if you would only need the gamepad to pause.

What launcher do you use for PC games? Hyperspin? I'm working towards building a HTPC and want to use gamepad to launch console emulators and PC games.

10vorne
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »

Thats difficult to explain. I got a game-cabinet working with mame-games, c64, nes...and some others too.

I got Buttons connected and configured. 6 Buttons for meta-functions like Pause, Esc, etc. and 3 Buttons (3 for 1P and 3 for 2P) for Game functions. The sticks and buttons a connected via a special arcade-board to the computer via USB and are recognized as a stick. Some buttons are configured with F1-F7...I said its complicated...

blabla Smiley

In the game I got the whip-button, the jump-button and a button to choose bomb or rope, after choosing I use the whip-button to throw rope/bomb. I pressed every button in the pause-screen (after esc), didn't work. And in the Start-Screen the jump-Button (that works in the game) is mapped as the F3 (I did this for the C64)...

So I think the best thing would be, that I can leave the game via one ESC and one whip-strike in the Pause-Screen....that should work.....I hope Wink

Is that possible? That would be fantastic!
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »

And in the Start-Screen the jump-Button (that works in the game) is mapped as the F3 (I did this for the C64)...

So I think the best thing would be, that I can leave the game via one ESC and one whip-strike in the Pause-Screen....that should work.....I hope Wink

Is that possible? That would be fantastic!

EDIT:
Try this: Download Spelunky 1.2 Cabinet Edition

Changes:
- Quit game changed from Esc + Rope to Esc + Attack
- Suicide changed from Esc + Bomb to Esc + ItemSwitch
- Disabled F1 key while paused (suicide)
- Open level editor changed from F2 to PgUp
- Open level loading menu changed from F3 to PgDn
- Extended length of rope on title screen so it can be climbed without jumping
- Compiled with GM 8.1 (should improve performance)
- Included fixed config program (no longer skips past jump button during gamepad config)

We can make a few more changes if needed...i sort of assumed you aren't playing any custom levels so the changing those F-keys to PgDwn/Pageup was arbitrary.

Another thought: do you have key mapped/available to purchase from shopkeepers?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:46:39 PM by Moloch » Logged

10vorne
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »

That 10vorne-version works perfectly! Many thanks  Grin

I'm not sure if I understand

> Another thought: do you have key mapped/available to purchase from shopkeepers?

Spelunky is sold via xbla, but PC?
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »

He means the shopkeepers you may sometimes randomly find in levels, not vendors like Steam.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
10vorne
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

Ah, ok Smiley

No, not yet. Which key is normally used to shop? F7 would work in my setup to shop.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

I think "P" is default, but you can change it to F7 with the Spelunky config program.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: