Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 302
  Print  
Author Topic: The Offtopic Topic  (Read 845652 times)
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1770 on: December 02, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »

Ya. Assassians Creed the third looks amazing! And I don't think these forums are too dead.

Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »

This video, made me cry.
Link
This didn't only make me cry, it ripped my fucking heart out, stomped it on the ground, put it back in, and then ran 1000 volts throughout my body.
Ugh. I love it.

Also, the SAT's are Reasoning based. Well, the standard ones are. (SAT I, SAT II are subject, core, based, but aren't usually necessary). It's a lot more on how deductively you can reason through a situation. Like, you need to know basic algebra/geometry/etc, but then you apply them in a way that shows you have the intellect necessary to do so. And otherwise in reading, it's vocabulary and passage based responses, similiarish but harder than typical state standardized assessments. Writing is mostly grammar and logic on how a sentence should flow. Easy for most, not so much for me.

ACT's are more core based, as far as I know; they're composed of math, reading writing, and science. You can take either ACT, SAT, or both, if you want. A lot of people do superb on one and nearly flunk the other. It's a good idea to do both for that reason. And if you pass both with decency, that only looks better on your applications. A lot of Merit Scholarship is based on these results. Trust me on that. Also, if you get the chance, take the PSAT in Junior year. Do it. Do well on that? You become a National Merit Semi-Finalist, and you've guaranteed a decent scholarship right there to a ton of schools.

Seriously. Listen to me on this one. Also, you may want to start doing things like the SAT question of the day, to familiarize yourself with the questions now. It'll reallllly help in the long run.
Shane
« Reply #1772 on: December 03, 2012, 02:06:19 AM »

And I don't think these forums are too dead.
That's because of invaders.
'Sides, most people will probably be gone on 25 December, someplace without Internet access, thus there's a good chance that I'm going to be the only one here on that day. Undecided

I won't be going anywhere, just more evidence that my life sucks.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1773 on: December 03, 2012, 02:23:55 AM »

The place I am in right now while I'm on holiday technically doesn't have internet access.

The only reason I'm online is because I'm borrowing a cellphone with wi fi from my sister's boyfriend.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1774 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »

Whoa! Impersonation is insanely easy! Was seeing if it could be done and it can! Will take down as soon as anyone gets pissed at me but thought a mod should know how convincing it is.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:03:58 PM by EdenNov. » Logged

Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 03, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »

Whoa! Impersonation is insanely easy! Was seeing if it could be done and it can! Will take down as soon as anyone gets pissed at me but thought a mod should know how convincing it is.

wow.

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1776 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »

Oh shit, you mean I can remove the lord from my name that I haven't used elsewhere for two years? How did I not know this.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #1777 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »

The problem is you have to do someone with a post count around yours

Sad the battle thread is locked. I wasnt  all that active but I liked what everyone else posted. And I had something big coming

Maybe ill write a short story for Colts adventures
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »

Yup. Shortened damsel_sympathizer to Damsel back in '10 woot.

EDIT: Does EdenNov know about this?

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #1779 on: December 03, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »

I had to change my name to capatilize the "m"
it really bothered me
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »

This video, made me cry.
Link
This didn't only make me cry, it ripped my fucking heart out, stomped it on the ground, put it back in, and then ran 1000 volts throughout my body.
Ugh. I love it.

Also, the SAT's are Reasoning based. Well, the standard ones are. (SAT I, SAT II are subject, core, based, but aren't usually necessary). It's a lot more on how deductively you can reason through a situation. Like, you need to know basic algebra/geometry/etc, but then you apply them in a way that shows you have the intellect necessary to do so. And otherwise in reading, it's vocabulary and passage based responses, similiarish but harder than typical state standardized assessments. Writing is mostly grammar and logic on how a sentence should flow. Easy for most, not so much for me.

ACT's are more core based, as far as I know; they're composed of math, reading writing, and science. You can take either ACT, SAT, or both, if you want. A lot of people do superb on one and nearly flunk the other. It's a good idea to do both for that reason. And if you pass both with decency, that only looks better on your applications. A lot of Merit Scholarship is based on these results. Trust me on that. Also, if you get the chance, take the PSAT in Junior year. Do it. Do well on that? You become a National Merit Semi-Finalist, and you've guaranteed a decent scholarship right there to a ton of schools.

Seriously. Listen to me on this one. Also, you may want to start doing things like the SAT question of the day, to familiarize yourself with the questions now. It'll reallllly help in the long run.
You so Emo. Tongue

But yeah, I'm done with school, now waiting on my marks etc.
Kinda dreading getting a mark too low to do any of the uni(USA read: college) courses that I really want to do, those being mathematics, IT, Computer Science, and Sound and Music Design. Fingers crossed like never before! :$

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Shane
« Reply #1781 on: December 04, 2012, 02:50:35 AM »

Someone tried impersonating me at my own forums. Needless to say, he's gone. And Polish. Angry

The problem is you have to do someone with a post count around yours

Sad the battle thread is locked. I wasnt  all that active but I liked what everyone else posted. And I had something big coming

Maybe ill write a short story for Colts adventures
It's locked because of this.
When I said I'm leaving, I was serious.
Until everyone here learns to read, I'm gone. And as long as I'm gone, the Battle is locked. Angry
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1782 on: December 04, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

Yup. Shortened damsel_sympathizer to Damsel back in '10 woot.

EDIT: Does EdenNov know about this?

He sent me a pm

Dude WTF?

I don't have time to change it back right now but will. No fear Eden!

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1783 on: December 04, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »

You're being disproportionate, Shane.

Just because I've said you're wrong doesn't mean I didn't read that post properly.

And you shouldn't leave because I said you're wrong.

I thought you would understand that I was just pointing out that you're remembering wrong.

Maybe I should've said "You've remembered wrong" instead of "You're wrong". I think I did thought I should say that.

But the stuff in my mind isn't a draft of what I write.  -.-'
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:48:06 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1784 on: December 04, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »

Well I have a new avatar! Anyone who can guess what it is will recieve a theoretical dollar

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 302
  Print  

Jump to: