Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 302
  Print  
Author Topic: The Offtopic Topic  (Read 808569 times)
Shane
« Reply #1065 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:31 AM »

One of them is your own. That doesn't count.  Grin
One of my forums is for planning my Cave Story mods.
The other is, as it turns out, mostly for forum games. Woe to me for thinking it would be a place to discuss said mods, but in either case, as long as it makes me more responsible than I am now, it'll be worth it.
Also, I don't count either, I'm too lazy Tongue

The lone staff member will now disappear to download something that will be 15KB per second. Adieu for now, purple cow (but there aren't any, it was only for the rhyme Grin)
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1066 on: September 12, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »

One of them is your own. That doesn't count.  Grin
One of my forums is for planning my Cave Story mods.
The other is, as it turns out, mostly for forum games. Woe to me for thinking it would be a place to discuss said mods, but in either case, as long as it makes me more responsible than I am now, it'll be worth it.
Also, I don't count either, I'm too lazy Tongue

The lone staff member will now disappear to download something that will be 15KB per second. Adieu for now, purple cow (but there aren't any, it was only for the rhyme Grin)

So both of them are your own. Still doesn't count

Shane
« Reply #1067 on: September 12, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »

I didn't say "they count" or anything like that, I was merely explaining what they're used for.
But then again, I blame my horrible English on that.
Afrikaans is the better language for me.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1068 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »

Are you bilingual?

Shane
« Reply #1069 on: September 12, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

Afrikaans is my home language, and Gansbaai's school had both English and Afrikaans (the high school had Xhosa for learners who didn't speak Afrikaans).
So basically, yeah.
I'm not fluent in German, though Angry
Why couldn't German be a language that was taught in Gansbaai's schools?
My surname is German, that I learnt from a teacher in 2005 (which was when English became something that was learnt).
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1070 on: September 12, 2012, 01:04:33 PM »

It's part of the school curriculum in South Africa to have to know BOTH English AND Afrikaans.

Luckly, my college doesn't do Afrikaans. Tongue

My Sirname's Dutch ("De Goede"). Shane can probably read this, as Afrikaans is similar to Dutch. Tongue

I don't know Dutch. Tongue

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Shane
« Reply #1071 on: September 12, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »

It's part of the school curriculum in South Africa to have to know BOTH English AND Afrikaans.
Well, some schools get away with not teaching students Afrikaans, seeing as some of Gansbaai's students speaks Xhosa instead of Afrikaans.

En dit beteken ek is die enigste persoon hier wat Afrikaans praat. Tongue
(And that means I'm the only person here who speaks Afrikaans.)
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1072 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »

Lol South African schools are WAY ahead of the USA Smiley.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1073 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »

Not in my opinion.

In fact, in this year, a lot of schools weren't provided with textbooks up to about half of the year came past (I think). Tongue

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 13, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »

So want to learn Xhosa. Only know a few words. Sad

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Shane
« Reply #1075 on: September 13, 2012, 03:15:54 AM »

In fact, in this year, a lot of schools weren't provided with textbooks up to about half of the year came past (I think). Tongue
If I had to guess, Gansbaai Academia used the books from past years but kept them at the school rather than let students have it until the end of the year.

That's how everything was done since 2010, which was when the high school was officially opened. Which meant, homework was even harder for me to read due to my awful handwriting, but I managed.

Lol South African schools are WAY ahead of the USA Smiley.
I guess that's what happens in a country with 13 languages Shocked
(and then I'll get proven wrong)

So want to learn Xhosa. Only know a few words. Sad
You know a few words of Xhosa?! Shocked
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 13, 2012, 04:13:17 AM »

Yeah, the clicky consonants fascinate me! Cheesy

Shane
« Reply #1077 on: September 13, 2012, 04:22:26 AM »

I dreamt that an admin of the Emuparadise Forums, some of their members, some members and two moderators of the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums, a moderator and two members of the Mossmouth Forums, and one member of the Little Fighter Empire Forums joined my forums in one day, thereby forcing me to pick two moderators of my forums (the member count was more than 20).

And then after I chose the moderators, I began playing the remake of La-Mulana, but for some reason, instead of the Guardians it should have (Amphisbaena, Sakit, Ellmac, Bahamut, Viy, Palenque, Baphomet and Tiamat) there was unknown Guardians that didn't make sense. The Gate of Guidance's Guardian was a three-headed snake called Serpentio. The second Guardian was a giant squirrel. The third Guardian was a Balore (a boss from Castlevania). The fourth Guardian was Triton, and instead of the boss song that usually plays during the fourth Guardian's boss fight, an unused song (Aqua Wish) played. The fifth Guardian was Ballos. The sixth Guardian was odd, since it was two bosses at once, those guys who guard the room going to the Surface from the Chamber of Extinction. After both were defeated, however, they fused to become a giant monster. The seventh Guardian was a Lickilicky, which had four forms. The eighth Guardian was DoubleThink (an admin at the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums) and every attack he dealt was a one-hit killing attack. And then, after defeating him (with only 1 HP left due to his flying Mimiga minions) I discovered that there were 20 Guardians in total.

The ninth Guardian was Professor Booster (the one of a CSTSF moderator's avatar). The tenth one was the Undead Core. The eleventh one was a toaster with a long nose and eyes on his back. The twelveth (?) Guardian was Tiamat. The thirteenth one was a tombstone that said "Friday the 13th" for some reason. The fourteenth one was that guy who was banned for multiple accounts. The fifteenth one was the Four Philosophers (or Four Sages). The sixteenth one was Xion from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and had four forms. The seventeenth Guardian was Mario. The eighteenth Guardian was some wizard with a wand. The nineteenth Guardian was Artemis Fowl. The last Guardian was all the staff members (past, present and future) of the CSTS forums (and all their attacks were instant-kill).

Pretty weird, no?

Yeah, the clicky consonants fascinate me! Cheesy
The only Xhosa word I know is "humba" and it means "go away."
I'm fluent in Afrikaans and English, but other languages, I only know one or two words (except German and Japanese, where I know at least 10 words).
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 13, 2012, 06:24:05 AM »

Heavy Stuff, gets me thinking about online communities...  Undecided

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1079 on: September 13, 2012, 08:06:29 PM »

:/. And about education all I know is most American high schoolers are not bilingual (especially by 16!)

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 302
  Print  

Jump to: