Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So...  (Read 7337 times)
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

Wonk what's that IRC I'd like to try it out Shocked (also I've never tried an IRC before)

On Topic, That's true with ANT's mod, there hasn't been a lot of requests in it and even though its open source no one else has contributed but Mvs

As for the potential for a collaboration mod, I agree that it would take a lot of careful planning. Perhaps organize it so only one person is working on the code at one time (so that there won't be multiple versions that have different features that have to be recombined). As far as what to actually add to it we could make a thread for feature suggestions (There's already an old features request thread I made when I joined that got no love).

Another thing that will probably get a really bad response, maybe it would be better to start from scratch rather than mod? I mean so much of Spelunky's code has been proven to only work the way Derek intended it to, making things hard for modders. Olmec has very broken code, so does water, and what's up with push blocks killing you? And of course no one ever got it to work on multiplayer. I'm just wondering if spelunky's structure is so muddled up that it would be better to tsart fresh?

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

What kind of game?
Running with the character switch thing we could make a platform game with each forum member a playable character. Fighting trolls and spambots across the net much like supers idea without the turnbased Mario game. Each character would have to be unlocked and eah ha a ranged and melee attack that are the same but look different . (mars sword does same damage as Hali vine whip.) however each character gets a unique ability (super summons spearow Hali eats people)
As far as contributing I can help with ideas, some spiriting probably little things and testing which anyone can do
:/
i'm sorry i can't code and stuff.
 yeah. meh. i could only maybe do some spriting or something, and i'm not even good at that x.x
You could be a tester Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:09:34 PM by mvskoke » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »

In truth...it's because collaboration is hard.  Even Ant's new Spelunky forums mod is just creeping along, and that's about as simple a collab as you can ask for.
Part of the reason its creeping along is because NO ONE IS REQUESTING THINGS ANYMORE
I thought I could only request one thing

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »

You can request more but you'd need to add it yourself since ant isn't updating anymore
ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 03:06:08 AM »

You can request more but you'd need to add it yourself since ant isn't updating anymore
I may update from time to time but just not as often plus the multi-lightsaber thing is frustrating

I thought I could only request one thing

It was that but since the amount of Spelunky objects FAR outways the amount of active mossmouth users i guess you can submit more than one thing.

Another thing that will probably get a really bad response, maybe it would be better to start from scratch rather than mod? I mean so much of Spelunky's code has been proven to only work the way Derek intended it to, making things hard for modders. Olmec has very broken code, so does water, and what's up with push blocks killing you? And of course no one ever got it to work on multiplayer. I'm just wondering if spelunky's structure is so muddled up that it would be better to tsart fresh?

This seems like a good time to mention/remind everyone that from what I can tell:http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=2248.0
Derek didnt even start Spelunky from scratch nor did he make the pushblocks

ps can someone tell me how to turn readable words into a hyperlink?

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »

This post looked really cluttered so horizontal rules all around!

What kind of game?
I meant just start from scratch engine-wise.

and testing which anyone can do
:/
i'm sorry i can't code and stuff.
 yeah. meh. i could only maybe do some spriting or something, and i'm not even good at that x.x
You could be a tester Cheesy
Q&A is serious business and should not be taken lightly! There's a huge difference in just playing a game and scouring it for every little glitch, exploit, and other instance of oddity that should not be in it!

Derek didnt even start Spelunky from scratch nor did he make the pushblocks
It's still mostly his code, but either way doesn't really make a difference, it's still really cluttered.

ps can someone tell me how to turn readable words into a hyperlink?
[url="Link"]Text to show[/url]
looks like this:
Text to show

[0/18]complete

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »

Google Canada is great and all, but Google Norge is the greatest. (I have a friend who's laptop for some reason won't allow him to visit normal Google regardless of Browser. Or skype for that matter, but regardless. He can for some reason use Google.no)

Yeah, there's nothing I can really contribute to the subject, sorry.
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »

whoops i forgot to make the .ca a .com for the link

[0/18]complete

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: