Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips and tricks  (Read 13793 times)
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »

The biggest tip I could give is extremely counter intuitive. Hold the run button at all times.

When you're new this will lead to many a death. MANY. But the more one plays through like this, the more accustomed one'll be to dodging dangers at such speeds. When you can play the game Running as well as you can when Walking, running simply seems more advantageous in my opinion.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »

The biggest tip I could give is extremely counter intuitive. Hold the run button at all times.
Yes to this so many times.
Due to the physics system the game uses, you are actually far safer while traveling at high-speed, because you are more likely to end up on-top of an enemy than in-front.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Wolfie
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 06:37:51 AM »

Due to the physics system the game uses, you are actually far safer while traveling at high-speed, because you are more likely to end up on-top of an enemy than in-front.

Once you're real good at it, you can even use it to cross dangers - I've double bounced on bats across spikes pits, walked like Jesus on a bunch of piranhas... Honestly, the only times I DON'T run is when I need to be precise.

Oh, and as an extension, don't run in the Ice Caves.
supermariousa
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

Once you're real good at it, you can even use it to cross dangers - I've double bounced on bats across spikes pits, walked like Jesus on a bunch of piranhas... Honestly, the only times I DON'T run is when I need to be precise.

Oh, and as an extension, don't run in the Ice Caves.
Cool! Also welcome to the forums Wolfie!
CaveLexWins
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

I see nobody else has said this, and I'm actually not sure how many people even know about it, so I'll say it... You can walk across the spikes.
At least in the first two zones. Haven't experimented past that, so it might be different in later levels.
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »

I don't think there are spikes in the second two worlds
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »

I see nobody else has said this, and I'm actually not sure how many people even know about it, so I'll say it... You can walk across the spikes.
At least in the first two zones. Haven't experimented past that, so it might be different in later levels.
Yes you can walk past spikes in any area they happen to be (see mods)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
supermariousa
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 02:11:12 PM »

You can do a crap load of damage to Shopkeeps if you hit them while they are jumping with a rope!
EdenNov
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

A bows arrows can be used to kill enemies, as climbing spikes or as rockets...

The thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »

While we're on the subject of spikes, you can safely flip-hang into spikes.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »

If you throw a pot or skull at the shopkeeper it stuns him momentarily and gives you a chance to grab his gun and shoot him.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
supermariousa
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

If you throw a pot at a shopkeeper it will stun him allowing you to grab his gun have him follow you. Walk back into the store and the items which will now not have $ over them. If you do not even kill the shopkeeper in this process then no shopkeeps will be aggro!
Shane
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »

Sorry to bump this.
If these already are on the forums somewhere, then I must have missed those.
If there's a totem thing, it will only "attack" on the one side. If something is on the one side, then you may be safe from it.
Also, make certain you are able to get to somewhere safe if you are planning on stealing the golden skull in the first few levels, because using bombs while you can safely avoid the boulder can't be a good thing.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

Um...that first thing isn't quite true, unless you mean they can only attack on one side at a time.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »

If there's a totem thing, it will only "attack" on the one side. If something is on the one side, then you may be safe from it.
Thinking thats true when it's not is a great way to get murdered

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: