Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New, Spelunky Forums mod  (Read 42727 times)
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »

Um, it doesn't bump the thread, but it does highlight the 'new' icon next to it, so...no need to triple post.

Machete swing code is somewhere in oPlayer1's step event.  It's among other things you use while holding (like the mattock, guns, etc.).

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »

Um, it doesn't bump the thread, but it does highlight the 'new' icon next to it, so...no need to triple post.

Machete swing code is somewhere in oPlayer1's step event.  It's among other things you use while holding (like the mattock, guns, etc.).
Thanks

I thought the NEW meant new topic
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:14:54 PM by ANT » Logged

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 05:09:38 AM »

This mod is AWESOME! Thanks for the flaming yeti's.

Small suggestion for the ant: the black lines blend in with the background, perhaps make them another colour to make them stand out? I think they are very cute though.

How do you make sprites by the way? It seems fun to do, but I haven't got a clue how.

F

ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »

This mod is AWESOME! Thanks for the flaming yeti's.

Small suggestion for the ant: the black lines blend in with the background, perhaps make them another colour to make them stand out? I think they are very cute though.

How do you make sprites by the way? It seems fun to do, but I haven't got a clue how.

F

Thanks  Grin

Did you notice that the ants in game are almost identical to my avatar?
Ill see if I can find a different colour that still looks blackish but wont blend in. (dark blue maby?)

Game Maker has a built in (and very good) image editor. I usually do the sprites pixel by pixel. Its from playing Drawn to Life 2 alot Grin

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

Try the same shade of purple as the bats.  That'll probably work well for your ants.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »

Try the same shade of purple as the bats.  That'll probably work well for your ants.

Good Idea!

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Hello Friends!

School starts today so expect less updates to this from me but remember this is not my mod, this is everyone's mod. If you do add anything to the mod that is suitable I will post it on the main page I just wont make so many of my own.

Also please make sure that you have the latest Sauce before making additions

Kudos to mvskoke for being the only other one to make his own additions to the mod

If it's not too much trouble, could you smooth the HHG's icon in the bar at the top, the right side is a bit pointy.
Also, the sticky bomb is still the old icon (you can keep it if someone else wants to have that particular thing).

Also feel free to work on that Lightsaber thing i was talking about

Ps Sorry for double posting but I dont like having two entirely different topics in one post.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:12:11 PM by ANT » Logged

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »

I think we should make spelunker the mossman and Olmec derek. Sorry for a not as official request but this isn't really my things it just seems like since spelunkyman is main hero no one person should resprite him
ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »

I think we should make spelunker the mossman and Olmec derek. Sorry for a not as official request but this isn't really my things it just seems like since spelunkyman is main hero no one person should resprite him

I didnt want anyone to resprite him either but making him the moss man is a good Idea

And Olmec being derek is good too

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »

Ant cant do this very often and I dont have internet except at school where I dont have gamemaker. you probably need to update it yourself or ask someone else to
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

Hey everyone! Remember me?  Grin

Busy life has been busy and I haven't played Spelunky in AGES, but I really DO want to get back to it some day. Also, I would love to be a part of this. I don't really have any artistic ability so I wouldn't really be very good at making a new sprite... here are my thoughts though.

If you guys aren't opposed to me gaying up the place, I would love it if:

Name? Bazly
What will you replace? The Damsel
What will you be? Me!
Why do you want to replace that? I would love to see Spelunky saving little sprite version of myself. The kiss bit will look particularly funny  Kiss.
Notable traits of the replacement? Again, I don't have much artistic talent... but I do have an idea what I would want it to look like if someone here is good with sprites. I have a "cartoon me" that a friend drew for a comic book and it shows exactly what I would want to look like in cartoon/sprite form!

Alternatively, we could replace the Damsel with either Terra or Celes from Final Fantasy 6, given that it's my favourite game. Wouldn't be as much fun as MYSELF being in there but, you know, I can't do this MYSELF and I don't want to assume that you are all comfortable changing the sexual orientation of the Spelunker  Tongue.
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 02:18:28 AM »

and I don't want to assume that you are all comfortable changing the sexual orientation of the Spelunker  Tongue.

This forum gets an oddly high amount of crack pairing ships
also hi bonsly

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »

Alternatively, we could replace the Damsel with either Terra or Celes from Final Fantasy 6, given that it's my favourite game. Wouldn't be as much fun as MYSELF being in there but, you know, I can't do this MYSELF and I don't want to assume that you are all comfortable changing the sexual orientation of the Spelunker  Tongue.
Na we will just change you into a girl in real life, so we can use you Cheesy

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
ANT
Bulb

DOOOooo...(thud)

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »

Hey everyone! Remember me?  Grin

Busy life has been busy and I haven't played Spelunky in AGES, but I really DO want to get back to it some day. Also, I would love to be a part of this. I don't really have any artistic ability so I wouldn't really be very good at making a new sprite... here are my thoughts though.

If you guys aren't opposed to me gaying up the place, I would love it if:

Name? Bazly
What will you replace? The Damsel
What will you be? Me!
Why do you want to replace that? I would love to see Spelunky saving little sprite version of myself. The kiss bit will look particularly funny  Kiss.
Notable traits of the replacement? Again, I don't have much artistic talent... but I do have an idea what I would want it to look like if someone here is good with sprites. I have a "cartoon me" that a friend drew for a comic book and it shows exactly what I would want to look like in cartoon/sprite form!

Im new so could you show us the picture.

Violets are red,
Roses are blue.
Anything's possible,
Nothing is True.

Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »

Whoopsies! Sorry! Yes!

This is pretty much what I think of when I think of... "cartoon me".

Cartoon Baz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: