Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELVES  (Read 54248 times)
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »

Interesting. I go to bed anywhere from 4 p.m. EST to 5 a.m. now that school started. In our high school, Geometry came after algebra 2, and I had Algebra 2 in 8th. Freshman year was really weird, cause we went to a new building, and almost all the public schools within 20 miles went there, so there's about 1000 kids per grade, and it was rare that I saw someone from my school in the halls.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »

@Kirby: Are you into the Sierra classics?  Grin

Also, I'll never understand the American school system...
Eh, if you ever need help with Maths, I'm your man!  Tongue

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 08:03:18 PM »

Explain the Sierra classics as I contemplate whether I missed some sort of joke.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

Okay, here goes!

I'm a college student, studying electrical and computer engineering (it's very hard XP) at the University of Texas at Austin. If y'all haven't picked it up by now, I am from Texas, and a few of the older members may recall that I'm also Chinese.
I love food (especially meat) and traveling, but more for the food and experiences than the sightseeing.
I'm really into the whole indie gaming scene, and also wish to become an indie developer, however I do it more on the side as a hobby since I'm focused primarily on my studies right now.

That's all I can think of right now, I'll be back with more if I can come up with any.

EDIT: Also, for some reason, I'm incredibly fascinated with small things. Figurines, blocky legos, blocky minecraft, low resolution art, anything pixelated, etc. I think it has to do with the challenge of working on a small canvas or something.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:11:36 PM by Kegluneq » Logged

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Audioworm
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »

*Deep breath*
I'm too paranoid to reveal anything other then I'm a brony and I'm extremely paranoid.

Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »

lol.

Also, Kirby, Sierra published awesome adventure games, back in the day. These are called the Sierra classics.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:34:49 PM by Wonkyth » Logged

Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »

I USED TO HAVE SOME OF THOSE GAMES.
when i was like... 5.
My name is Sparkle, today. I recently found love for Frozen Synapse. I am quite content with that game.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »

Every time I see this thread, I keep thinking of Olive Garden. "Here, we're family."

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 06:09:25 AM »

My name is Nathan and I am a brony [...] I very much enjoy the company of a girl named Sierra
These names that I am coincidentally familiar with

also meat and veggies feels like its becoming a forum meme, its far less annoying than bugging hali about being able to eat rocks in tls though

i woke up at five thirty am how are you all
Oh I guess I have a better story
It's pretty obvious that everyone here likes video games, and probably wants to be in game dev, but I think I have a pretty good story about my history with em.

I was born to a house already equipped with a Sega Genesis, my mother was apparently quite a gamer before I was born, attributing to that fact is the story of her almost beating the original sonic before my dad pulled the plug on her because he had to get up for work and the game was waking him up. Obviously I grew up playing a lot of classic genesis games like Sonic, Altered Beast, Decapattack etc.

Before her though was my Grandad who from what I've heard has been a gamer since the beginning, one year we even bought him a plug-in-play atari system for the sake of nostalgia. When I was little he used to do runs through Super Mario 1 and 3, today he plays modern shooters on his ps3 on a projector screen in his room.

I dont really have any other exciting stories about me and gaming, I'm sorta average besides from that, but all that history makes me feel like my interest in game design was sorta destined Tongue for years ive been getting all these ideas for video game concepts, im nothing of a programmer though, more of a all around designer for levels and core mechanics and what not

ps
most people have problems with too few linebreaks in their posts
I have a problem with putting too many
oops

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 06:24:12 AM »

Heh, that's cool! Cheesy

Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

It's because they are the best of names. The names to end all names.
Also never played a Sierra Classic. Tongue

Olive Garden is pretty good.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

Bae, My siblings and I are the first gamers in the family. It's quite sad, but I never got to play older systems when I was little. I started off with Gameboy Pocket, and soon after got a Color. In 2003 I got my first real console, which was my Gamecube. It's still one of my favourite consoles, because the Gamecube was solid, and never failed me. :3 Also, that's why most of my favourite games are gamecube games.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »

Yeah, I never understood why the Gamecube got so much hate. It was easily my favourite console, and probably still is!

Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »

Yeah. It still works just fine to this day, no disk read errors or anything, and it's be dropped loads of times.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

Game cubes are probably the most durable thing made ever. I had a friend who literally chunked his across the room, and it still worked perfectly fine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: