Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just died at the final boss in the stupidest way!  (Read 3861 times)
PopsicleCat925
Shoot

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:21:55 AM »

So, I had the jetpack and the Golden Scepter. I had to jetpack up to the higher parts of the area for more ropes, and the stupidest thing happened. MY JETPACK RAN OUT OF FUEL. I know it can run out, but I only used the jetpack ONE OTHER TIME. So, I was screwed out of a perfect run, but then realized. I could have just jetpacked out of the pit instead of using ropes...
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:25:26 AM »

Heh, unfortunately what killed you was a misunderstanding.
The jetpack has a set amount of fuel per flight, and is recharged whenever you land on the ground, and maybe when you hang on a ledge, can't remember.

And yeah, that sucks somewhat.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
PopsicleCat925
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 07:26:42 AM »

Oh, just while you're here, this was my shoplifting one. I only found one shop in the entire game, and robbed it only because my Scepter locked onto the shopkeeper. I took the jetpack only.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »

Hehe,  yeah.
I usually don't bother robbing a shop if I already have a shotgun, since it's usually the best reward. A jetpack is good, though.  Wink

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »

Yeah, Jetpacks only regain fuel when you're standing on solid ground.  If you catch onto a ledge, it doesn't refill, so you have to be careful and make sure you actually land somewhere occasionally. Tongue

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
mazt1234
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »

One time i made it to the last exit before the boss and i had a rock so i got really exited i threw the rock it hit a wall bounced back and killed me. D:
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 03:09:30 PM »

One time i made it to the last exit before the boss and i had a rock so i got really exited i threw the rock it hit a wall bounced back and killed me. D:
Story of my life. Especially in Spelunky.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: