Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite music?  (Read 8335 times)
kj979
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

Hey, YAAAAALLL, I'm making another question-thing.
Fav. Genre (s)
Fav. Artist (s)
Fav. Album (s)
Fav. Song (s)
Hopefully people like these poll-style threads, or I could become an outkast.
Mine:
House, Alternative.
Daft Punk, Madeon, Phoenix.
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, Mylo Xyloto, Alive 2007
The Night Out (Madeon Remix), Around The World/Harder Better Faster Stronger
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »

Fav. Genre (s): Kawaii anime music (Is that a genre? I guess J-pop), Classic Rock, Video Game Soundtracks
Fav. Artist (s) ZUN, Blue Oyster Cult, MUSE
Fav. Album (s) Absolution, Origin of Symmetry
Fav. Song (s) This, Survival (MUSE), Ascension

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
Shane
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:44:09 AM »

Despite my dislike of music (as it reminds me of 21/09/2003), I still have favourites. Mainly because music plays in video games and silence annoys me. Those marked with -- are those that are unknown.

Genre: Video game soundtracks (whatever genre that makes the games in the full list below)
Artist: --
Album: --
Song: ... You want a full list? Tongue

Cave Story: Wind Fortress, Moonsong, Halloween 2, Break Down, Charge, Last Battle
La-Mulana: High-Speed Beast, Escape, Good Night Mom, Death Game, Interstice of the Dimention, Ancient Machine, GIGA-MAGMA, Wonder of the Wonder, Eden, Aqua Wish (not used)
Kingdom Hearts: Monstrous Monstro, Critical Drive, Riku's Theme, Deep Drive, Riku Battle Theme (from Kingdom Hearts - 358/2 Days)
Castlevania: Dissonant Courage
Pokémon: Route 10, Pokémon World Tournament, Pokémon B2/W2 Rival Battle

Yes, Deep Drive and Critical Drive are similar. Critical Drive is a remix of Deep Drive, apparently.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »

Genre: Tons of my stuff can't be defined by a genre. I guess alternative is the best way to describe it.

Artist: -- My Chemical Romance, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Kansas, Sound-garden, Aerosmith, Beatles, Led Zepplin, Queen, Haste the Day, The Men Who Can Not Be Blamed For Nothing, and tons more I can't think of.

Album: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, The Black Parade, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, Conventional Weapons, Nevermind, By the Way, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, Siamese Twin, One X, Wasting Light, Whatever Kansas's album was called, The Beatles White Album, Any other Beatles Album, The Men Who Can Not Be Blamed for Nothing Can Not Be Killed By Conventional Weapons, and tons more I can't think of.

Song: Every Song from the albums I listed I hear and enjoy frequently
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:00:19 AM by Nathan Ca$h » Logged

Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:16:03 AM »

Nathan, it's funny that you say you cant define the genre you like most, and yet all of the bands you mentioned directly after fall relatively close to one another on the genre spectrum.
Three Days Grace, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters and Breaking Benjamin are all grunge/post-grunge, Wheezer, The Beatles and MCR are pop-punk, Led Zep and Aerosmith are blues-rock. So I'm mostly guessing you're a pop-punk mind of guy, but more towards the grunge end than, say post-punk. Most of the time. Tongue

Somewhat surprised by you mentioning Haste the Day, as if I recall correctly they are a Christian metal band. Cheesy

As for me, hmm...
Genres
  • Classical (incl. classical, baroque and 20th century periods, as well as some contemporary)
  • Chiptune
  • Broadway / Musical
  • Folk Comedy / Comedy
  • Christian (v. broad and lame description, but since most people don't even like the use of e.g. Christian Rock as a genre, it'll have to do! Tongue )
  • Electronic
Artists
Classical
  • Camille Saint-SaŽns
  • Edvard Grieg
  • Johann Sebastian Bach
  • NiccolÚ Paganini
  • Antonio Vivaldi
  • Ludovico Einaudi
Chiptune
  • El Musho
  • Auxcide
  • Chipzel
  • cTrix
Broadway
N/A (mostly)
Folk Comedy / Comedy
  • Flight of the Concords
  • The Beards
  • Tripod
  • Weird Al
  • Axis of Awesome
  • Tom Lehrer
Christian
  • Jars of Clay
  • MercyMe
  • Switchfoot
Electronic (again, being broad, but not including chiptune)
  • Ronald Jenkees
  • BigGiantCircles
  • Souleye
Albums
Dunno, don't really listen to albums.
Songs Not necesarily my favourites, but a good general showcase:
WELL...

But yeah, if you stuck all that and a mash of random other stuff (Alt-J, Amanda Palmer, film soundtracks, OCRemix stuff, etc) you'd get a taste of what I listen to every day. In fact, you should go do that right now! Cheesy[/list]

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:51 AM »

Someone please compile a list of everything that Shane hates for obscure reasons, I really wanna see it.

Well I like anything except country, and most American po(o)p. Mostly chiptunes, some metal, uh anything that sounds good I guess. Thought that's hard to explain, but I can listen to opera, bluegrass, and classical if it's done right. (Actually, I quite like classical)

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »

Nathan, it's funny that you say you cant define the genre you like most, and yet all of the bands you mentioned directly after fall relatively close to one another on the genre spectrum.
    Three Days Grace, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters and Breaking Benjamin are all grunge/post-grunge, Wheezer, The Beatles and MCR are pop-punk, Led Zep and Aerosmith are blues-rock. So I'm mostly guessing you're a pop-punk mind of guy, but more towards the grunge end than, say post-punk. Most of the time. Tongue

Somewhat surprised by you mentioning Haste the Day, as if I recall correctly they are a Christian metal band. Cheesy

As for me, hmm...
    Genres
    • Classical (incl. classical, baroque and 20th century periods, as well as some contemporary)
    • Chiptune
    • Broadway / Musical
    • Folk Comedy / Comedy
    • Christian (v. broad and lame description, but since most people don't even like the use of e.g. Christian Rock as a genre, it'll have to do! Tongue )
    • Electronic
    Artists
    Classical
    • Camille Saint-SaŽns
    • Edvard Grieg
    • Johann Sebastian Bach
    • NiccolÚ Paganini
    • Antonio Vivaldi
    • Ludovico Einaudi
    Chiptune
    • El Musho
    • Auxcide
    • Chipzel
    • cTrix
    Broadway
    N/A (mostly)
    Folk Comedy / Comedy
    • Flight of the Concords
    • The Beards
    • Tripod
    • Weird Al
    • Axis of Awesome
    • Tom Lehrer
    Christian
    • Jars of Clay
    • MercyMe
    • Switchfoot
    Electronic (again, being broad, but not including chiptune)
    • Ronald Jenkees
    • BigGiantCircles
    • Souleye
    Albums
    Dunno, don't really listen to albums.
    Songs Not necesarily my favourites, but a good general showcase:
    WELL...

But yeah, if you stuck all that and a mash of random other stuff (Alt-J, Amanda Palmer, film soundtracks, OCRemix stuff, etc) you'd get a taste of what I listen to every day. In fact, you should go do that right now! Cheesy[/list]

Always loved Haste the Day. They are much heavier than my other favorites but very good. My friend's band opened for them too!

kj979
    « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »

Looks like the most-popular genre is chiptune/video game music. I wonder why? Wink
    Shane
    « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »

Looks like the most-popular genre is chiptune/video game music. I wonder why? Wink
    Because most people here play video games, of course Tongue
    Nathan
    Mossy

View Profile Email
    « Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

It somewhat surprised Wonky likes classical. I thought he was solely a chip-tune/electronic guy. I don't enjoy listening to classical much but the Musicians that play it are some of the most talented in the world.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:37:04 AM by Nathan » Logged

Wonkyth
    Big Bossy
    Mossy

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »

It's probably worth noting that the majority of the chiptune I listen to has nothing whatsoever to do with games, except that in the majority of cases the music is created on old console hardware. Not always, though, as plenty of the old devices with a SID chip weren't for gaming. That said, I don listen to game-related chiptunes, so yeah. Smiley

It somewhat surprised Wonky likes classical. I thought he was solely a chip-tune/electronic guy. I don't enjoy listening to classical much the Musicians that play it are some of the most talented in the world.
    I happen to be a classically trained pianist, thanks. Tongue
    I'll record a vid of me playing shittily some time. Remind me. ^_^

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
    Shane
    « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »

Record a vid of you playing shittily on a piano.

What? You said,
    I happen to be a classically trained pianist, thanks. Tongue
    I'll record a vid of me playing shittily some time. Remind me. ^_^

Yet I try to make a joke while I'm depressed and fail miserably. Undecided
    Del Bel
    Bean

View Profile WWW Email
    « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »

I like a lot of JSRF music:
    I'm not a model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Y-NLKdtek
    That's Enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtjBhn7dzM
    Humming the bassline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI_egcwCLbE
    Even the original JSR songs too:
    Super Brothers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRxkmeBF18k
    Grace and Glory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k

BUT IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO MY 8-BIT EPICNESS GO HERE!!!!
    VV
    V
    V
    V
    http://thedelbel.bandcamp.com/

Del Bel / Beat
    Bean

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 01:30:01 AM »

Hip hop

Pages: [1]
      Print