Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tastes like ultra booms  (Read 18271 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »

It's just that the die when the level starts some times...

Also had to get rid of spike traps, for the same reason

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »

Fish don't explode?

Yep, as Mars said with the levels blowing up, also it makes them nigh impossible to kill without getting killed, he hasnt fixed zombie fishbones the same way though

also, hey mars, I know I just sent this to you in msn but im going to post it here too since youre all busy modo

Code:
for object oWhipS:

Error in code at line 1:
   if (not owner.swinging)
                ^
at position 15: Unknown variable swinging

Happened when killing a Spelunker, I'm assuming he was in his attack state, may or may not have to do with the fact that Spelunker also doesnt wait 11frames to blow up, a few enemies dont but im writing up a new bug list for you that has all of them

Edit: Also its a fatal error in the sense that it keeps popping up when i try to ignore

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »

I know why that happened!

It's because the Spelunker had his whip out when you killed him.  I'm assuming that making him explode destroys his instance.  The whip's 'owner' variable is directed to that instance, so if the whip is out when Spelunker's instance is destroyed, the whip loses a variable in its step event that causes the error.  I thought I fixed that, but apparently not...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »

I know why that happened!

It's because the Spelunker had his whip out when you killed him.  I'm assuming that making him explode destroys his instance.  The whip's 'owner' variable is directed to that instance, so if the whip is out when Spelunker's instance is destroyed, the whip loses a variable in its step event that causes the error.  I thought I fixed that, but apparently not...
ah ha! I thought that was it.

Any chance I can bug you for some bug fixing help?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 11:01:43 PM »

Neat, I thought it was from removing him during attack animation too, I should see if Tunnelman does the same thing.

Although, if you fix their delay bug it shouldn't happen, the Spelunker will get out of the Attack state before the explosion happens and the problem should be moot at that point.

Edit: Tunnel man seems fine, though his pick stays on screen for a fraction of a second
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:03:56 PM by Baekara » Logged

[0/18]complete

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 04:43:27 AM »

You should double-check them both anyway.  Between them, they have a whip, pre-whip, pick, and pre-pick that can all get messed up by them dying while swinging.  I'm pretty sure Spelunker's blade slash object uses his whip as a parent, so you don't need to change that, nor do you need to worry about his projectile weapons.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »

I just want to remind everyone how great this mod we made is

2/3 years later

[0/18]complete

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »

Is it me or a bunch of people are changing their profile pics all of the sudden? They haven't changed otherwise in a year.

Back on topic, this mod is explosively fun! Not to mention the massive amount of YASDs this can cause! I would recommend a quick restart button, so that less time is spent on the score screen.

also frogs are the bane of everything no matter what mod it is
How about GIANT FROGS THAT SPIT FROGS?!?!

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »

Is it me or a bunch of people are changing their profile pics all of the sudden? They haven't changed otherwise in a year.

well when you make a post for the first time in over a year you wanna look snazzy

a quick restart button is possible but it would be a bit funky probably, there's a debug key that puts you in the "beat level 15" screen so we can get to olmec quick to test him. a similar thing for other levels could work.

if youre talking about the giant frogs from HD that's *sorta* possible, but would require us making a copy of say the yeti king and editing the heck out of it (and lazily upresing a frog sprite because no way im customing that)

there is a bat in the game now that tosses carpet bombs though so thats sorta similar right

[0/18]complete

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »

if youre talking about the giant frogs from HD that's *sorta* possible, but would require us making a copy of say the yeti king and editing the heck out of it (and lazily upresing a frog sprite because no way im customing that)\

I wasn't saying to add the giant frog from HD into this mod, I was saying that a giant frog is worse than any other frog. (I am having ideas of putting this into my mod, ㅋㅋㅋ)

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »

I changed my avatar because I'm starting over with my Spelunkying comics soon.

This mod was pretty nuts.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: