Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exploding enemies?  (Read 4260 times)
Zambaku
Shoot

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »

First I'd just like to say thanks for all the help, this forums has taught me alot about modding^^

I can now successfuly add new rooms and new enemies, and even modify the enemy movements a bit =D

There is however one thing I'm having problem with. I've made a new enemy, and the plan is to make it explode as soon as it's killed in any way. Do anybody know the script for making things go boom?=D
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »

For this enemy, add a new section of code to it's object.  Make an event that triggers when the enemy is destroyed that says 'instance_create(x+8,y+8,oExplosion);.

Then, when the object is removed from the game, it will always leave an explosion behind.

Also, any other questions you have should probably be posted in the help thread at the top of this forum!

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Zambaku
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:52:03 AM »

Cheers, mate!

And I'll stick to the help thread, then =)
wurmy
Bulb

Punching trees gives me wood.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »

Make it look like a creeper! Grin

Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »

Make it look like a creeper! Grin

That reminds me. I should take that dark forest scene from episode 1-2 of mlpfim and photoshop a creeper into it looking out from behind a tree.

Back on topic, exploding enemies are awesome, like the blue snakes in Gates of Hell. They make it really fun.
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »

This just gave me an idea. Maybe I could make a mod where whenever you kill an enemy, they explode, after certain amounts of times. C:<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: