Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The challenges are too easy AKA Challenge Eguee  (Read 18651 times)
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:59 PM »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:51:03 AM by eguee » Logged
ipwnu1337
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »

Well, uh, you didn't get 200+ kills!
And, well, you used the tunnel man!
DirkRhyolite
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »

The gold trophy is only 120 kills.

But still, I agree, it's a bit like saying Resident Evil is too easy when playing with infinite ammo.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »

The Tunnel Man is clearly overpowered. Buff the Spelunker.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:37 PM »

But still, I agree, it's a bit like saying Resident Evil is too easy when playing with infinite ammo.

I'm not the only one playing like that, then! It's nice to know that cheating is fun.

And also eguee, you cleared the requirements with the prize for clearing the requirements. Do it all in one run with the Spelunky man, and THEN you can say it's too easy.

Be afraid.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »

I'm not the only one playing like that, then! It's nice to know that cheating is fun.

And also eguee, you cleared the requirements with the prize for clearing the requirements. Do it all in one run with the Spelunky man, and THEN you can say it's too easy.

Lol. Actually, this was right after I wiped my data.
fall_ark
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:55 AM »

Lol. Actually, this was right after I wiped my data.

So... you chose the tunnel-man, then cleared your data, then did a run?  Undecided
I think the only thing that matters is that you are playing as the tunnel man instead of the spelunker...
Hayden
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 06:22:03 AM »

Yeah, I unlocked tunnel man only recently, and once I found out what he does, i understood why everyone was saying that the tunnel man made it too easy.

Although, to complete ALL of the challenges in ONE run, even WITH tunnel man, that's pretty impressive.

P.S - Are those the Kingdom of Loathing forums I spy in the background? Damn addictive game, I have to say.

But still..

Although, to complete ALL of the challenges in ONE run, even WITH tunnel man, that's pretty impressive.

Nice work.
Chainz
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

Yeah, I unlocked tunnel man only recently, and once I found out what he does, i understood why everyone was saying that the tunnel man made it too easy.

P.S - Are those the Kingdom of Loathing forums I spy in the background? Damn addictive game, I have to say.

I also unlocked the Tunnelman really recently... I was really excited about him at first, but I soon began getting frustrated with him, due to the fact that he can't "attack" with the pick while jumping, which is something I've gotten really used to when I used the Spelunker...
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »

But still..

Nice work.

How the hell did you know we come from KoL?

Be afraid.
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »

. . . Yeah, I guess people have already covered what I would say, but I'll say it anyway.  Eguee, you are the very first person to post a screenshot pulling that stunt in the Spelunky forums (and possibly the world, though I haven't checked any off-site Spelunky discussion and am probably wrong), and because you have proven it to be possible you declare it to be easy.  It looks more like you are proving that the challenges are, in fact, exactly as difficult as they should be.

--Delmion
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »

Guys.

Attack, THEN jump.

As long as you're the Tunnel Guy, on the ground, you can jump while attacking. This allows you to mattock out blocks up to four squares higher than you, but still in the wall.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 10:36:49 AM »

Here's a challenge I was thinking about - consecutive wins.  Win the game n times in a row, without shortcuts.  How hard is that?  (I only have 4 wins!)
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »

Here's a challenge I was thinking about - consecutive wins.  Win the game n times in a row, without shortcuts.  How hard is that?  (I only have 4 wins!)

Well, depends. With shortcut guy? Easy. With spelunker? Not so much.

Be afraid.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 03:05:23 AM »

Hey, remember how everyone was bugging me to do it with Spelunky?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: