Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky: The drinking game!  (Read 10798 times)
banna8
Mossbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 03:37:51 PM »

My guess is, its a reward at first, but quickly turns into a punishment.

(I wouldn't know, I'm too young to drink.)

EDIT: Again, I'm too young to know, but this seems kinda dangerous considering the amount of times an average person dies, plus they'll probably get worse as they drink more and more. But perhaps this is a comparable amount of alcohol to other drinking games. (I wouldn't know)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:42:02 PM by banna8 » Logged
ipwnu1337
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »

I have an awesome idea.

When you die in different ways, you add a certain ingredient to a cup.

Once you win the game or the cup is nearly full, you drink from that cup.

Example:

Death by spikes: add 10 ml of alcohol
Death by shopkeeper:  add 10ml of soft drink.

etc. etc.

You'll end the game with a literal bad taste in your mouth.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

My guess is, its a reward at first, but quickly turns into a punishment.

(I wouldn't know, I'm too young to drink.)

EDIT: Again, I'm too young to know, but this seems kinda dangerous considering the amount of times an average person dies, plus they'll probably get worse as they drink more and more. But perhaps this is a comparable amount of alcohol to other drinking games. (I wouldn't know)
One thing: 1 drink =/= 1 glass.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
MagFlare
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:06 PM »

...Is drinking a penalty or a prize?

The answer to that question has always -- ever since the ancient Egyptians invented beer -- been "yes."

I've got to say that any worthwhile drinking game involves three factors:
  • Not everyone should be obligated to drink simultaneously, because otherwise it becomes a straight-up battle of alcohol tolerance with no random element;
  • The rules shouldn't be too complicated -- none of that "X hazard is worth X amount of drinks" nonsense -- because everyone involved is going to be at least somewhat drunk; and
  • drinking should happen frequently.

To this end, I propose the following: at the beginning of the game, everyone declares a position -- either "enemy" or "other" -- and whenever the Spelunker gets injured, those who were on the losing side have to drink. For example, if the Spelunker gets hit by an arrow trap or suffers falling damage, then everyone who voted "enemy" has to drink. If the Spelunker gets hit by a caveman, then everyone who voted "other" has to drink. If a level is completed (and perhaps if a crate or chest is opened), then everyone takes a drink.

When the current Spelunker dies, a new player takes the hotseat, and everyone else is allowed to change his vote.

I have an awesome idea.

When you die in different ways, you add a certain ingredient to a cup.

Once you win the game or the cup is nearly full, you drink from that cup.

Example:

Death by spikes: add 10 ml of alcohol
Death by shopkeeper:  add 10ml of soft drink.

etc. etc.

You'll end the game with a literal bad taste in your mouth.

That is completely awful, yet badass. Especially when you consider that the sort of people who play drinking games aren't going to be maintaining stocks of exotic liqueurs and mixers, so many of the ingredients are going to be things like "mayonnaise" and "Drano."
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »

You guys want to play over webcam?

Of course, I cannot play, since I'm below legal drinking age.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »

You guys want to play over webcam?

Of course, I cannot play, since I'm below legal drinking age.
Is any one here over 21?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »

I am, but I'm also a teetotaller (meaning I don't touch the stuff).  Oh, you kids and your drinking games. *sips water*

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

I am, but I'm also a teetotaller (meaning I don't touch the stuff).  Oh, you kids and your drinking games. *sips water*
To be fair I turned down getting payed to drink.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: