Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini-Boss Strategies  (Read 9816 times)
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »

Well, everybody knows the minibosses in the game, and everybody knows the way to kill them.

• The mummies
  • The giant yeti
  • The giant spiders
  • Jaws
  • Vampires
  • Shopkeepers
  • The giant alien

Well, how exactly do you like to kill these monsters? Do you like to do it the hard way, or do it the easy way? Why? When?

Thanks are appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:43:11 PM by delgato232 » Logged

Be afraid.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »

I hear there's an easy, supplyless way to kill giant spiders. Don't remember who, but someone here knows it.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »

Ya left out the giant piranha from the original post, by the way.  Also, you might consider shopkeepers (they are tough and give an item) and vampires (they are area-themed and give an item) are sorta-kinda mini-bosses.  I do feel that seeing a vampire in a game is as noteworthy to me as seeing the bigger foes.

And if there is an easy way to kill giant spiders without supplies, then I don't know it.  Even bouncing on top of them as they crawl under overhangs has risks, since they move and you can fall through them.

--Delmion
Hayden
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

Don't forget the Giant Piranha!

---------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Ya left out the giant piranha from the original post, by the way.  

You beat me to it ;P
------------------------------------------------------------
And, there's an easy way to kill the Giant Piranha, that everyone should know by now, because it's all over the internet.
I don't know how to describe it well though, for if you don't.
You like, get in the middle of the giant piranha where he can't get you, then you rapidly whip.

Anyway, with the giant alien, I know how to kill it, but not easilly.

You're meant to, like.. Throw an item at the top of his barrier thing, or something, to deactivate it. Then you can just sticky bomb him, or try some alternate method, depending on your supplies.

I have an idea for the mummy, but I'm not sure that it's possible.
If the mummy can be hurt by the whip, then they'd be easy to kill. Stay close to them, but not close enough to bump into them, and when they shoot the wasps or locusts or whatever they are, duck. They'll fly over your head, and then you can keep whipping. I don't know though, the mummy might be immune to the whip.

The giant yeti, though, is easy. Jump on it's head repeatedly. I don't think it drops ice blocks on it's own head, so you'll be safe there.

Finally, giant spiders, are easy. Throw a bomb at the web under them.
If you trigger them, then don't worry.. look for the nearest spot you can fit in, that the giant spider has to crawl in, and run through it. while the spider's crawling, whip it, then when it's half out, and ready to jump for you again, jump on top of it repeatedly. It's complicated to explain, but easy to do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:32:34 PM by Hayden » Logged
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »

Well, everybody knows the minibosses in the game, and everybody knows the way to kill them.

• The mummies
  • The giant yeti
  • The giant spiders
  • The giant alien

Well, how exactly do you like to kill these monsters? Do you like to do it the hard way, or do it the easy way? Why? When?

Thanks are appreciated.

The giant spider is easy.  Put a bomb in the web underneath him.  The giant spider is free sticky bombs.

For the Yeti and Alien, I've never killed them without a gun.

For the mummy and Jaws, either a gun or sticky bomb works.
Taalen
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

I usually give the alien a treatment of death from above. Sure it can cost you three bombs or even more if you're not very good with them, but if you don't have anything better at hands it's definitely worth it.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback, guys, but I'm also looking for some pretty othordox ways, too. You know who I'm talking about!

Be afraid.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »

Bullets go right through the alien's barrier

AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

Are you serious? I've never done that. Maybe it's easier than trying to kill him by jumping on him. =/

Be afraid.
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »

For the Yeti and Alien, I've never killed them without a gun.

For the giant yeti, I have to wonder: have you tried other methods?  I'm always a little surprised when I see people have problems with the giant yeti (I'm not saying you have problems; you just reminded me), when the thing doesn't even look or act like much of a threat.  Jump on it like any other slow-moving easy target.  It dies a few seconds later.

Speaking of looking threatening . . .

Are you serious? I've never done that. Maybe it's easier than trying to kill him by jumping on him.

Wait . . . are you serious that it's possible to jump on its head?  I always get thrown around by the psychic blasts every time I even get close.

My personal method is, indeed, bullets or bombs.  But I got the impression that the barrier's blocking ability has been slightly tweaked in the current version.  Am I right on that?

--Delmion
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »

No idea. But my method is:

Run + jump.

Use him as a trampoline, basically. Except bounce on him twice, then run back.

(It gets to the point where the ghost comes after me.)

Be afraid.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »

Maybe bullets do get blocked now, I dunno. But they definitely went through last version. Also, I once got crushed by falling ice when jumping on the giant yeti's head, so you still need to be careful.

AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »

Maybe bullets do get blocked now, I dunno. But they definitely went through last version. Also, I once got crushed by falling ice when jumping on the giant yeti's head, so you still need to be careful.

There is a chance he kills himself with the ice block, right?

Be afraid.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

I hear there's an easy, supplyless way to kill giant spiders. Don't remember who, but someone here knows it.

Jumping.

Assuming you stay above the spider, jumping on him is the best way to kill him if you don't want to use a bomb.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »

There is a chance he kills himself with the ice block, right?
I guess, it would make sense.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: