Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error. Every time I boot ANY version of Spelunky  (Read 6116 times)
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:54 PM »

I get that error no matter what version of Spelunky I boot.
I always have, but usually I'll just try again or open two at a time and it will work.
But recently, no matter how many times I try it's success percentage is probably around 1/20 times of trying to boot.
This error may have been reported before, but I don't check this area very often, so I am unaware of any previous threads about this error being encountered.
Is there any way to fix it? Or must I just live with it? -.-
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »

it's a game maker thing

restart your computer and it should fix itself.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:06:26 PM »

ehh. it still does it even after restarts. it's a constant issue >.<
oh well.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »

sounds like save data might of goten messed up..

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

well, this has ALWAYS happened which is really annoying, but usually I just need to keep trying and eventually it works.

RECENTLY, most of them work when I try once and fail, then I open two at a time and usually at least one of those works if not both.

HOWEVER, CONFIG won't ever work. I only got it open once out of like 100 times D:
TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »

I know it's been a year, but do you still have the computer that this happened on and it still does that?

I'm curious as to whether http://www.spelunkylevels.tk/mods/Spelunkyv1-2_s1.zip fixes it.

Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

It probably still happens on this computer to me, so I'll try to boot it up in the morning. It may get through, but I'll try it like 10 times or so before telling you how it went. If I encounter the error, I'll download and try out 1.2 to see if it's better Cheesy
TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »

*pokes SparkleDevon*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: