Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advanced Spelunky AI Method  (Read 3568 times)
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

I had a GREAT idea for how to make an amazing AI for the Spelunker!!! It works in three parts. First it uses PATHFINDING to create a line for the Spelunker to follow. Secondly it would tweak the path to avoid or jump over spikes and traps. Lastly it would check enemies. If the enemy could be killed with the whip he would kill it. Otherwise he would momentarily break path to avoid it and then it would find a line to get back on path. It is very complicated and would be hard but it seem like a better idea than genetic algorithms or the existing spelunker AI. Anyone think they could do this? I could pay $5 amazon (I know its basically nothing).

Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »

Yeah, it's doable, through various methods, but it's a crapload of work, and I hate using GML. Also $5 wouldn't be the least I've ever been paid for a programming job. :3

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »

That is essentially how AI works yes. It's easy to come up with how AI should work, the extremely hard part is actually making it happen.
For those interested in taking a shot at it, this may help: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~rb1006/projects:marioai

Be sure to check out the demo videos, they're pretty awesome.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »

Okay thanks. And I know it is easier to theorize how it should be done than to actually do it  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: