Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Signs 2.2.3  (Read 55689 times)
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

OK that works. Thanks. Smiley

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2013, 11:30:27 PM »

You can simply replace the MP3 files, that's what TLS did. But it's not possible to add new tracks without recompiling.
If someone put new ones in do you think it would be possible to control them with Magic Signs instead of modifying the editor?

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »

Not currently. Adding a new "super command" for that might not be too hard. I can't promise anything but I'll take a look at how hard adding that would be. I agree it would be fun to have.
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »

Thanks. I'm working on a very large level set right now and it would really improve it if I could use more than four soundtracks.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:20 PM »

Incidentally, I don't know if ever documented this anywhere, or if it will do you any good, but Spelunky Natural does support a few extra music options: TITLE, CREDITS, EXPLORE (letsexplore.wav) and NONE.
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »

Incidentally, I don't know if ever documented this anywhere, or if it will do you any good, but Spelunky Natural does support a few extra music options: TITLE, CREDITS, EXPLORE (letsexplore.wav) and NONE.
That would solve a lot of my music problem, but I can't use it because I need YASM's inventory system and new enemies.

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

Is this finished yet?

Because seriously Editor+ is like a billion version out of date in regards to Magic Signs and I'd rather the Manual Update be the last one.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the kind of project that gets "finished".

At the moment the only kinda planned feature which isn't implemented is the custom music thing discussed above. But that doesn't mean some other neat feature idea won't come along.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »

Hey Urza, I happen to have a problem.

When I tried to place a tile with this code:
Code:
?.bgExtrasLush.32,0,32,32$green

It tells me this:
Code:
for object oMsgSign:

Error in function real().

I am using the latest version of hyperme's Spelunky Editor+ Fan Update by Moloch.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

Sounds like that mod may not have the latest Magic Signs yet. Put ?!INFO on a sign and read it in game to find out the version number. If it's not 2.2.3, that's the problem.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »

Darn, it is version 2.2.1...

I'll go and modify hyperme's Spelunky Editor Plus Fan Update by Moloch to have your new code, and probably upload it for everyone.

And as another question, is there some better documentation on the conditionals? I ma trying to make a sign that would create a block when the player goes over it.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

And as another question, is there some better documentation on the conditionals? I ma trying to make a sign that would create a block when the player goes over it.
Better than Magic Signs.rtf I take it you mean? It does leave something to be desired I admit... but no, I'm afraid not. You can always ask for advice here though.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »

Yes.

(WARNING! STUPID NOOB QUEDTION INBOUND!)

Do you know how conditionals work Urza? Thr help file mentions parameters, but not exactly and clearly explaining the checkment of variables.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2014, 03:01:01 PM »

Sorry, I didn't see this reply at first, what with all the spam. I wasn't trying ignore you. Smiley
I don't have my notes handy, but basically it's like this:

Two of the parameters you can specify are Variable (V) and Number (N). If you don't specify V, the condition proceeds without checking this part. If you do specify V it looks for a variable by that name, either in the sign itself (seldom used) or a global. If found, it compares it to N and precedes only if they are the same.

Some of the Options (O) change how this works, especially < and > which change the type of comparison, and A and T which switch it to looking at a variable in the Associated or Target object, respectively.

I hope that helps. If not, maybe you could explain in a little more detail what you want to do, a concrete example might help.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:33:50 PM by Urza » Logged
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »

Example:

Player goes over sign, boss block/skull block/red trap block spawn to the left of the sign. I have tried it again, but to no avail have failed. I'll work on importing and then upload my mod with some extra changeable variables for the giant spider! (damage,squirtMin,squirtMax,jumpMin,JumpMax,jumpDist; these should be self-explanatory.)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: