So despite what I said at one point, I've started adding new features again.
This time I added something I call a banner, which is text that appears in the level itself. Plus a few support commands to help make that more useful.
This project started as a way to add new objects to Spelunky without worrying about the limited number of symbols left for use in the .lvl file. Instead of using a symbol, you could place a standard sign and put the name of the new object on the sign. Sure it's not quite is easy as having a normal tile in the editor, but it's better than nothing.
However... it mutated into something frighteningly close to a full scripting language.
(Includes Source and demo levels. See msbanner.lvl for the news stuff.)
The following mods include the newest version of Magic Signs:Spelunky Editor PlusYet Another SpelunkyTLS+Magic Signs
(My unofficial build)P.S. The old thread is now obsolete since I unfortunately lost that account during the spam purge.
Version 2.2.1 Adds "random" super command.
Version 2.2 Adds "banner" super command, "spawn" super command, "B" directive, $= operator and variable conversion.
Version 2.1.2 fixes the "C" condition option, and adds a new "AntiFreeze" condition option (Z), and updates the documentation.
Version 2.1.1 fixes the "B" condition option, an obscure bug with macros, and adds one new feature, the "*c" (child) macro which automatically refers to the most recent object created by the active sign.