Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spiked Prison - method for beginning the Sun Room  (Read 3292 times)
Electronic Samurai
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »

Hey guys!  I've found a pretty decent way to start the Sun Room that I thought I'd share.  When this is properly set up, it's rare that I die in less than a minute, and I've lasted as long as 90 seconds.

1. Start here.

2. Run over the first springboard, onto the spiked totems.  The two blocks should slam together overhead.

3. Fall down to the left, onto the far left springboard.  Wait a second on the right side of the platform, and the two blocks should slide towards you.  Drop down to the right before they do.

4. Wait for a moment to allow the blocks to 'reset', dodging any arrows that come your way.  Crouching here is a decent spot, as you will avoid the initial barrage.

5. Run under the rightmost block, and QUICKLY throw the Damsel upwards.  Run to the right before the block crushes you.  The block should come down, trapping the Damsel into a tiny spiked prison, and she will stay for a long time in her stunned animation, protected from arrows.  You want to get as far away from her as you can at this point - bombs will spawn over YOU, not the Damsel.

6. Run to the right side of the room, and jump onto the right side of the bottom right ledge.  Bombs will fall harmlessly past you, destroying the floor below.

7. You can keep hanging here, or you can jump up onto the ledge to collect bombs to destroy the arrow traps and arrows to combat the vampires.  Hopefully you can destroy enough to outwit the ghost for a decent amount of time.

Note, the Damsel will wake up around the same time that the vampires start spawning, and I suggest catching her and taking her with you from this point onwards.  The vampires aren't too hard to deal with - the arrow traps will frequently take them out, and you should have ample supply to fight them yourself.

On some rare occasions, if the block falls onto the Damsel's legs, she will get trapped under the block and quickly go into her screaming animation.  She'll never escape the spiked prison in this case, as her legs are most likely crushed.  Bonus for you!

I still need a decent plan for outmaneuvering the ghost - he's the one that kills me the most here.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:37:15 PM by Electronic Samurai » Logged
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »

Awesome strategy! very informative.

I can't manage it of course but i'm sure this'll be useful to those with skills XD
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:37:10 AM »

Ghost: Just keep it around the center and run the perimeter of the level like hell. That requires that you bomb the arrows first though.
Vanguard
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »

If you just manage to set off a bomb near one of the side arrow traps you can hide there until the ghost shows up.

In an some early versions you could stay there forever.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »

Awesome strategy. I'll keep this in mind while trying to get a new high score.

Be afraid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: