Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a new record?  (Read 2646 times)
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« on: January 13, 2011, 06:05:40 AM »

Ok. I just got what was by far my most epic TLS run ever.

I just finished with the following stats:

Cals: 314500
Kills: 125
Time: 20:52
Noms: 62

Hp: 51 (!)
Bombs: 0 (I used them all squeezing all the food I could out of Olmec's level)
Ropes: 58
Bites: 4

If you need proof, here is a screenshot:

Three gold trophies in one game. Wow.

Well, how did I do it?

Firstly, it seemed like a pretty normal game. On level 2, I bombed a shop, and got a shotgun and a few other items that turned out to be pointless, and then sacrificed the shoppy, a damsel, and a caveman on a conveniently placed altar, for 16 favour. On level 5, I got a rushing water + restless dead level, destroyed all the skeleton fish, and Jaws too, with my shotgun. I took a bunch of damage around then, but by then I had 12 hp from my kapala anyway. I got a few extra bites from the dropped crates. On level 6, I got another conveniently placed altar, and got up to around 28 or 30 favour. I also bought a jetpack. Seriously Hali -- only 20k? They're worth more than that. Anyway, I didn't complain at being offered a jetpack at a bargain price. I accidentally lost my kapala in a moment of absent-mindedness, though. On level 7, One more altar meant that I got the 40-favour reward. YES. It's unbelievably awesome when you get it earlier on.

The rest is easy. I went on, nomming every single nommable enemy from all levels 7-16 that I could get my hands on.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »

Well done!

Cant stop to say more, sorry!  Wink

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:49 AM »

62 is pretty high!  I've beaten the other totals before, though.  One good City of Meat run would demolish that Cals total...assuming you have enough bombs when you get there.

Anyway, good work!  And yes, 20k is the base cost for a Jetpack.  It's one of the most expensive items, actually.  It costs 30k and 40k in the ice caves and temple respectively...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: