Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Damsel Saves?  (Read 5911 times)
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »

How do you get 8 damsel saves?

So far, my best is 5.

In Area 1, I've managed to get 4 damsel saves.

In Area 2, the lack of up ladders makes it hard to get damsels.  A jetpack is helpful here.  A jetpack makes it easy to explore the whole level.

The damsel won't spawn in the black market.  If you're going for 8 saves, should you refuse to go to the black market?

On the other hand, if you don't already have a jetpack, there might be one in the black market.

In Area 3, I don't see how you can save a damsel without a jetpack.

I haven't made Area 4 enough times.  You need a jetpack or climbing gloves.
Eternal Toaster
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »

I believe when I did it, I found 3 in the caves, 2 in the jungle and 3 in the ice caves.  I didn't have a jetpack, but I did have a cape, which is still extremely useful in the jungle and ice areas.  Also, I think I have seen a damsel spawn in the black market.
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

In Area 1, I've managed to get 4 damsel saves.

In Area 2, the lack of up ladders makes it hard to get damsels.  A jetpack is helpful here.  A jetpack makes it easy to explore the whole level.

. . .

In Area 3, I don't see how you can save a damsel without a jetpack.

I haven't made Area 4 enough times.  You need a jetpack or climbing gloves.

I'm not sure why you emphasize ladders in area 2.  Just like with area 1, most every level is a series of horizontal platforms where you can just go left and right.  And, just like with area 1, the occasional open patch where that rule isn't true can be surmounted with portable ladders i.e. ropes.

For me, the biggest problem in area 2 is damsels behind solid walls.  There just seem to be more sealed-off areas when I play.  And then, of course, the solution is bombs or the mattock.

For area 3 . . . yeah, it's rough.  But it's easier to navigate without a jetpack in recent releases.

And then in area 4, the formula goes mostly back to the left-and-right level setup, though I note there are preset regions (some lava pits, some diagonal cliffs) that seem designed to force you to use resources to proceed.

--Delmion
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »

Also, there is always a kissing booth in Black Market isn't there? Risky, but it is Spelunky.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »

I've never seen a kissing booth in the black market.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »

Kissing booths never generate in the Black Market. I have the code in front of me that proves this fact.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »

I hate it when a kissing booth shows up. Forces me to get blacklisted. Tongue
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »

Kissing booths never generate in the Black Market. I have the code in front of me that proves this fact.
Guess I was thinking of the craps house. Oh well.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: