Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 5277 times)
Zugama
Shoot

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »

Hello everybody! Because this is the Spelunky forums, this must be a forum with Spelunky masters. Grin So, I need some tips on how to open the trophy rooms. I already opened the kill room, but everything else I'm having trouble with. (Damsels, time, money.) What are some of your tips to beat these? Undecided
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:02:14 AM by Zugama » Logged
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:28:32 AM »

Damsels: Be lucky. Be very lucky. And having a jetpack helps lots. Never pass up any damsels.
Money: City of Gold. Or plain ghost runs. Or grab every piece of treasure lying around and have the jetpack at the boss.
Time: Don't run, just don't bother picking up anything and just focus on getting to the goal. Running will kill you very quickly. Once again, jetpack is very handy.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 04:39:21 AM »

Damsels: Be lucky. Be very lucky. And having a jetpack helps lots. Never pass up any damsels.
Money: City of Gold. Or plain ghost runs. Or grab every piece of treasure lying around and have the jetpack at the boss.
Time: Don't run, just don't bother picking up anything and just focus on getting to the goal. Running will kill you very quickly. Once again, jetpack is very handy.

GAH, you beat me to it.

Be afraid.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:47:25 AM »

GAH, you beat me to it.
Always do. Wink
Zugama
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 02:21:30 AM »

So all I have now is the time, but those dumb frogs always get me!
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 12:27:05 PM »

So all I have now is the time, but those dumb frogs always get me!

Well, it's always unpredictable movement. You can bumrush it and jump at the same time, so that you bounce off of him while in air. It works most of the time (for me).

Be afraid.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »

The way to handle frogs is to wait until after they jump.  Frogs won't jump immediately twice in a row.  Kill them before they jump again.

The actual distance the frogs jump is random.  If you're just barely close enough for the frog to jump, then you can kill them when they land.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »

Frogs: Whipping in advance and falling towards them (down-towards) generally makes you safe for a moment, and will probably kill them. Either whip in front, or feet below. It's risky but pretty useful when you're trying to run past an area. Also, throw things at them! Just make sure not to hit yourself on the rebound (like rocks. They hurt! Skulls, they shatter so there's no problem!)
beatthelastboss
Mossbaby

The Grue is watching you...

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »

Hello everybody! Because this is the Spelunky forums, this must be a forum with Spelunky masters.

Ahem... I find that somewhat offensive, please apologize...

Inventor of the Spelunky sound-scheme!

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=194.0

Almost-real-time spelunking stats, updated every time I play!

Wins: Nada
Losted: TOO MANY TIMES!!!
Times Reset: 0
Shortcuts: Only the first one...
Rooms unlocked: None

Current mission: Get next s
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »

Hello everybody! Because this is the Spelunky forums, this must be a forum with Spelunky masters.

Ahem... I find that somewhat offensive, please apologize...
I think he means that there must be some people here who are good at the game, not necessarily everyone. (Or else what would he be doing here himself?)

On frogs: is the distance really random? I always thought there were only two kinds of jumps they made, low and long, and high and short.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Vanguard
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »

I posted some advice on how to get the trophy rooms here http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=54.msg381#msg381 earlier.

Maybe it'll help?
Zugama
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »

I never said this yet, but I beat the time challenge a few days ago. Thanks for all the tips! Tunnel Man is awesome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: