Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rope Glitch  (Read 2696 times)
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

The last rope seemed to almost be touching the ground. When I walked by, I died. My blood spot was inside the floor.

REWIND:
So I was doing really well on the cave levels, when I fell into a pit. I, wanting to get out of the pit, (I had no bombs) threw up 4 for ropes. (It was a DEEP pit) They were staggered on top of little shelf like things sticking out of the wall. I cleverly fell back down the pit. When I went back up the pit, the last rope seemed to almost be touching the ground. When I walked by, I died. My blood spot was inside the floor.

Has this ever happened to you before?

Mildly Off Topic:
I searched for "rope glitch" and came up with Derek talking about how you used to be able to throw ropes through walls if you crouched left. Cool. Delver also found a "Tiny Rope Bug", but it was about how if you held a rope and the rope got shot by an arrow, it would come in contact with the ground. Wait... I think that my rope may have been shot...)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:29:33 PM by Damsel » Logged

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »

Were you pressing up when you walked past the rope?  See, when the Spelunker grabs a ladder or rope, his y position is altered to match that of the object he's grabbing onto.  Since the rope you were grabbing was so close to the ground, it relocated his y position too low and he was crushed inside the rocks beneath it.

This has never happened to me, but I imagine this is what happened!

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »

Wonderful! Thank you for figuring that out... now, how can I make sure it doesn't happen again?

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

Jump before grabbing/deploying ropes?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: