Poll
Question: Well, which enemy do you associate with Spelunky the most?
Giant Spider
Caveman
Shopkeeper
Frog (blue/red)
Mantrap
Vampire
Yeti/Yeti King
Alien (Spaceship/big scary psychic one)
Kali's Followers/Cultist
Mummy
Olmec
Ghost
Other (specify)
Snake :3

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Enemy most associated with Spelunky.  (Read 17847 times)
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »

well, I think that the enemy that is like most associated (original, reminder of Spelunky, etc.) with Spelunky is probably the ManTraps, Shopkeepers, or the Yetis.

Specify if your enemy is not on the list (:

P.S. I'm only listing the like insert adjective I can't think of enemies. sorry, but I don't want the pol to be what this whole page should look like xD
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:43:57 PM »

bats. bats. bats.
edit:snakes. snakes. snakes
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:39:46 PM by Damsel » Logged

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »

Id have to say the two most unique enemies are what I think of most, not too many games have Killer Shopkeepers and Giant Idols that stomp on you

Unless youre playing Zelda (well idk if they ever STOMPED..)

Otherwise bats snakes and hawkmen haha I wrote kawkmen by accident at first, also kudos if anyone sees this

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »

It's those demonic spiders, man.  Haunting my games...haunting my dreams...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »

Yea just plain ol' spiders for me. I may have mastered them now, but I hated them SOOO much in the beginning. My hate for spiders is even starting to spread to other games thanks to Spelunky!

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »

I can agree abou them TOTALLY sucking xD but, I still think shopkeepers are the most fun to play with Grin That's why I have them as my choice (:
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »

Evil spiders from gates of hell : )

-----

Honestly I voted for mantraps..

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »

Probably snakes, just because of the level feeling.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:45 AM »

Snakes for me, although the spiders a bit too...

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 07:50:20 AM »

Lessee here, ah yes
Quote from: TvTropes
Demonic Spiders - Those yetis. Those chain-throwing, whip-invulnerable, blue-nippled yetis...
  • The actual spiders, whose unpredictable jump patterns make them some of the most dangerous enemies in the game.
  • And cultists who throw you around the same way as yetis. They also jump around very fast. At least they're vulnerable to your whip.
  • Perhaps the most unexpectedly deadly enemy in video-game history (barring the carp): Frogs. Completely unpredictable jump patterns and timing, inexplicable ability to predict your next movement, and quick vertical movements that make them difficult to take down with the whip. You will die by frog at some point.
Goddamned Bats - Almost every enemy in the game. There's goddamned spiders, goddamned yetis, goddamned cavemen, goddamned frogs, and so on. Ironically, the bats are among the least annoying enemies due to their slow speed and predictability.

The Goomba - As mentioned above, the snake. All it does is slither slowly back and forth. It is perhaps the only enemy that does not actively respond to your presence or do anything to kill you besides continue its regular movement pattern.

I heard Demonic Spiders and had to quote some of the big enemy related tropes, idk what use that has but hi[/list]

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »

Lessee here, ah yes
    Quote from: TvTropes
    Demonic Spiders - Those yetis. Those chain-throwing, whip-invulnerable, blue-nippled yetis...
    • The actual spiders, whose unpredictable jump patterns make them some of the most dangerous enemies in the game.
    • And cultists who throw you around the same way as yetis. They also jump around very fast. At least they're vulnerable to your whip.
    • Perhaps the most unexpectedly deadly enemy in video-game history (barring the carp): Frogs. Completely unpredictable jump patterns and timing, inexplicable ability to predict your next movement, and quick vertical movements that make them difficult to take down with the whip. You will die by frog at some point.
    Goddamned Bats - Almost every enemy in the game. There's goddamned spiders, goddamned yetis, goddamned cavemen, goddamned frogs, and so on. Ironically, the bats are among the least annoying enemies due to their slow speed and predictability.

The Goomba - As mentioned above, the snake. All it does is slither slowly back and forth. It is perhaps the only enemy that does not actively respond to your presence or do anything to kill you besides continue its regular movement pattern.

I heard Demonic Spiders and had to quote some of the big enemy related tropes, idk what use that has but hi[/list]

Yes,  demonic spiders are a trope. what of it?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
    Nejii
    Seedling

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »

Shopkeepers. There arenīt many old man with super-high-jump-abilities and shotgun in videogames.... and the frog , which I absolutely hate- I alway lose when I encounter them.
    Kegluneq
    Big Bossy
    Mossy

View Profile Email
    « Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 02:10:59 AM »

I do agree the frog is of hell, but they don't really associate that much to me.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
    Bae
    Mossy

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »

I suppose eah of the areas has its own top enemy, aves - bats, lush - frogs, frozen - yetis, temple - hawkmen

[0/18]complete

Sparkle
    Mossy

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »

And yeah, sorry, I meant to allow more than one vote per person, but it wouldn't let me after i accidentally posted it *by Alt+S* before it was finished -.-
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
      Print  

Jump to: