Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I BEAT TASTES LIKE SPELUNKY!  (Read 7258 times)
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »

Well, after months of being gunned down by madmen shopkeepers, falling on spikes, getting thrown repeatedly,  and dying in many, many, horrible ways, I finally beat Tastes Like Spelunky! And I got to the city of meat! (Not that you would care.)

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »

you did beat it after getting to the city of meat, didn't you?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »

Yes. Somehow.

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »

Wow, you met the Tunnel Man in the City of Meat.  That's even rare-er!

So, congrats, I guess.  You know this isn't really much more difficult than regular Spelunky, right? Tongue

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »

Yes, Halibabica. The thing is, I've never beaten normal Spelunky, so this is my first win, and also the first time I've gotten to the city of meat.

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »

Wow, then that IS something!  You should beat the regular version, too, so you know what you normally get at the end of the game.  Y'know, instead of a dead cow.

ManaUser
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »

Well, after months of being gunned down by madmen shopkeepers,
You think of them as madmen too? Both the behavior and art has always evoked a homicidal maniac more than anything else for me.

Things that hop are evil.
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »

You think of them as madmen too? Both the behavior and art has always evoked a homicidal maniac more than anything else for me.

For me, their artwork always seemed rather peaceful. Their BEHAVIOR, however, is ... just a tad bit aggressive.Grin

Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:03:23 PM »

Heh, city of meat. Am I the only one that thinks that sound ridiculously appealing?  Roll Eyes
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 05:11:55 AM »

It's raw, bloody, uncooked meat.  So, unless you like your steaks rare...

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:04 AM »

It's raw, bloody, uncooked meat.  So, unless you like your steaks rare...
Of course! We feed on blood.

It's funny, the only time I finished Spelunky was when I got to the CoG too. I think if you make it there and live, you're probably well equipped and maybe just playing smart or something. Anyway, congratulations Smiley 

P.S Baz, roll-eye's don't work. This would also be a perfect place for it, how ironic.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »

For as much as it's worth I do believe the first time i legitimately beat olmec was in TLS too, thought I've still not been to the city of meat... (usually when I consider it the idea of trucking through the black market puts me off)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 08:18:21 AM »

Heh, city of meat. Am I the only one that thinks that sound ridiculously appealing?  Roll Eyes
I am just lucky I can not think about it to much, I have never eaten meat in my life

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »

I confess, TLS seems to be a good deal easier than regular Spelunky, what with no vengeful shoppies, easily obtainable lives, and more available tools.
Of course there are some things that make it harder, but I'm not sure they're quite enough to balance it.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »

No im pretty sure they balance it out pretty well, managing your items and bites gives a new depth to the strategy, unless you like doing no item runs then the game is pretty equal in difficulty thanks to some things being easier and some being a lot harder

Also Mars, how is it that you can't eat meat? Like, technically speaking, I'm curious as to what makes your body react so badly to it, that is if you even know.

And then I'm curious as to what you do eat, and if dairy is any bother to you (sure it comes from meat, but it's far from actually being meat)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: