Poll
Question: What else console would you like to see the Spelunky remake be ported to?
Wii - 0 (0%)
Wii U - 5 (27.8%)
NDS - 0 (0%)
3DS - 6 (33.3%)
IMac - 0 (0%)
IOS - 1 (5.6%)
Android - 2 (11.1%)
Windows Phone - 1 (5.6%)
PSP - 0 (0%)
Xbox one - 1 (5.6%)
OUYA - 0 (0%)
PS4 - 1 (5.6%)
WinRT (Win8's "Metro" interface) - 0 (0%)
Blackberry OS (Native app) - 0 (0%)
Other (state in post) - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: What else console would you like to see the Spelunky remake be ported to?  (Read 60934 times)
Toom
Bulb

I need a hot air baleezy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

That's...kind of all over the place, man.

I suspect the difficulty with releasing Spelunky on other consoles would be mechanical rather than legal; I'm hardly au fait with the baffling mysteries of software porting, mind. But any console with online support (so, all of them) would make a decent home for the title. We no longer live in a world where you claim allegiance to one console; I don't think I know any PS3 owners who don't also have a 360.

This is obviously all conjecture but my suspicion is that future ports will depend heavily on how well the XBLA version does, but considering the attention it's getting in the gaming press I think that can be safely assumed to be "extremely."
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »

Welcome to the forums Long-winded washing machine

I do believe Steam has been mentioned, which is an online gaming platform made by the people who did left 4 dead, half life 2, and team fortress 2. If there were a PC version of Spelunky HD (might as well call it that now) it would most likely be on there

People were offended by the cave men's lips because it looks like a racial stereotype to some (to be more clear some people thought the cavemen looked like africans with stereotypical big ass lips) and the nose thing was just people's separate opinions on what looked graphically the best.

Quite honestly im surprised that Kali hasnt raised some eyebrows, though i suppose Spelunky hasnt been introduced to anyone who would care about the death goddess statues covered in blood, but I have a feeling that some good old members of the Christian mothers society will be pulling controllers away from their kids in order to keep their eyes from seeing the horrors that is a cartoony videogame

Back to playing super noah's ark 3d for you, jimmy!

isortagotofftrackhere

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »

I don't think I know any PS3 owners who don't also have a 360.

I.. don't know any one person that has both.

Heck I know two people that  have 2 of the following: 360, wii, ps3, ds, psp

Welcome to the forums Long-winded washing machine
Not to be rude, but that should be his new name everywhere. it's so epic. I am not joking Samkid882, use this name.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Toom
Bulb

I need a hot air baleezy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »

The thing is that the 360 got the drop on the PS3 by almost a solid year, and had (in my opinion) a pretty feeble launch line-up, so by the time anyone could be arsed buying one they probably had a 360 already. It may seem a little excessive but the £500 or so you'd need to get both consoles and a few good games isn't really that much money when you've got a job that lets you have a chair.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »

Most consoles have had a pretty feeble launch line-up, going back as far as I can remember. Usually one or two games everybody gets, peppered with a lot of graphic-show-offs, or new feature expoits. Also New Spelunky for PC has been mentioned quite a bit, it's just that the original is still around and planned for continued support after the live release. Which means if the new one were to come to PC, there would be a free and a pay version for PC, which most people would go for the free.

Mars, I just got my 360 back, so now you know someone with a PS3, 360, Wii, PS2, GBA, DS, and PSP (and PC and Dreamcast, 64, PSX, etc.). Enough abbreviations for ya? Also, Toom, it may not be quite as apparent anymore, or maybe just not so heated since most games are released for each console, but there are still fiercely heated debates between Microsoft and Sony fans. It will never end, just like PC vs. Mac or IE vs. Firefox. If someone can fight over it, they will.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Toom
Bulb

I need a hot air baleezy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:53:51 AM »

Maybe I just don't get to hear these arguments because I hang out with grown-ups all the time.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 06:28:06 AM »

On the internet? No those types have jobs and families and what-not.

Pedrollipe
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

wii and windows
Wonkyth
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »

Windows, as I own no consoles, and it would be fully a weeks work at the most to port an XNA game to Windows.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 04:10:45 AM »

A stupid controller that matches up to the original Nes controller almost perfectly and thus suits Spelunky very well

letsee

jump: 2
action: 1
purchase: -
bomb: B
rope: A
pause: +

running would either be super mario style hold action thing or double tap the dpad

Are there even that many buttons on the wii controller?

There's NO WAY we could get Spelunky to work with a light-gun-ish controller.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »

Would either need classic controller, or use the nunchuck.

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »

While it would work better with Nunchuck or classic the basic wiipad just barely fits the controls

Pteri have you never seen the wiimote flipped sideways? Its used for a lot of classic styled games like the nes wii virtual console titles and even metroid other M where it actually works quite good (aside from the occasional thumb hurt from the hard dpad)

For the sake of having something to do I made some concept layouts, for the wii and for the other two systems

I probably should make a ds/psp one too...

Wii Layouts
PS3/360 Layouts

[0/18]complete

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »

Are there even that many buttons on the wii controller?

There's NO WAY we could get Spelunky to work with a light-gun-ish controller.
You obviously never played on a Nintendo Wii before, haven't you? Not only does a wii have that amount of buttons (and a Home and Power button, but both are reserved for accessing the Home Menu and to switch off the machine, respectively), but the wii "remote", as ithe controller's called, actually supports extensions that can have more buttons (the most often used (in my opinion) is the Nunchuk (which adds both a analog stick AND two buttons)).

Personally, I would also chose the Android (because of my new-found fascination with that platform (and the fact that I'm getting the cheapest Android phone in South Africa, the Vodafone 845)), but I won't vote, because did it already (for the 3DS).

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
marsgreekgod
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 07:11:27 PM »

Mars, I just got my 360 back, so now you know someone with a PS3, 360, Wii, PS2, GBA, DS, and PSP (and PC and Dreamcast, 64, PSX, etc.).
Sorry but I don't count online people for this, nothing personal.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »

Kinda expected that someone you meet on the internet whos (presumably) far away from you IRL would have things pretty different then you do... you know no matter how many times i try to type that i dont think it came out right lol

but you said you lived in a small town, i wouldnt doubt that the majority of the people you know might not even have a computer, which in this day and age (or is the phrase day in age...) is like not having a single tv

In short I think Mars lives in a village of Amish people/kidding

[0/18]complete

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: