Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 7080 times)
Beltaro
Seedling

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

I am having trouble playing this game:
Every time I try to play, it is as though UP and LEFT are permanently held down on my keyboard (although they aren't, and I was not touching anything at the time of opening the program).

This issue occurs every time I open the game... and oddly enough, I'm having the EXACT same issue whenever I used to try and play an "RPG Maker 2000" game as well.

It's possible this might not be an isolated issue, but it's only these two games that have had this problem. Any ideas what might be the cause/solution?
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »

No clue.

mabey you have a messed up joy pad pluged in?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Beltaro
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

I'm just using keyboard - don't have a joypad plugged in...

I'm gonna try another game made using Game Maker and see if it's something globally wrong...

But yeah, it's still doing it... My guy walks straight left and goes right in the SCORES door and then exits and then enters and then exits... etc.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »

Hm, have you tried actually pressing the buttons that don't work? It sometimes works for me when the buttons get jammed.

Be afraid.
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:30:15 AM »

hmm, the only suggestion i can really give is double and triple check whats plugged into your computer via usb. I once took ages figuring out that my joystick was plugged in, and force feedback was off so it sagged a little to the side  Tongue.
Beltaro
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

Yeah, I tried all those things... and then double-tried them... Oh well. Looks like I'll hafta wait for the XBLA version...
Credendo
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

Have you run through the key config in the spelunky config? Even rewriting it by reassigning may overwrite some random blank field.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »

Have you run through the key config in the spelunky config? Even rewriting it by reassigning may overwrite some random blank field.

Yeah, this happened to me too.

Be afraid.
Beltaro
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 11:29:42 PM »

How do I do that? I opened the .cfg file in Notepad, and it was just a bunch of numbers... I didn't know what's what...
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:49:31 PM »

Have you tried running... oh, I don't know, the config program?

-_-
Credendo
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »

Have you tried running... oh, I don't know, the config program?

-_-

Translated from smart ass that means try running the config.exe file that came with the install and click on key config in the bottom left corner Tongue
Vanguard
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 01:06:13 AM »

This issue occurs every time I open the game... and oddly enough, I'm having the EXACT same issue whenever I used to try and play an "RPG Maker 2000" game as well.

If you're experiencing the same problem in two completely separate programs, it's probably an issue with your keyboard or something.

You said you were waiting for the XBLA version... would you, by any chance, have a 360 controller you can use with your computer?  It works great for Spelunky - I use one, and I don't even own a 360.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »

If you're experiencing the same problem in two completely separate programs, it's probably an issue with your keyboard or something.

You said you were waiting for the XBLA version... would you, by any chance, have a 360 controller you can use with your computer?  It works great for Spelunky - I use one, and I don't even own a 360.

Wait, that's possible? Explanation, please. I need to know, since I have a spare 360 controller after I sold mine for a PS3.

Be afraid.
Eternal Toaster
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:08 AM »

If it's a wired 360 controller, you just plug it right in.  I don't think you can use a wireless one on a pc.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »

If it's a wired 360 controller, you just plug it right in.  I don't think you can use a wireless one on a pc.

Ah, nevermind then. Time to sell this thing on eBay.

Be afraid.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: