Back in June I started The Spelunky First Level Cash Challenge
, where I challenged people to see how much money they could get on the first level and get to the end of the level in one piece. I had been able to get 10-20k easily, and wondered how high people could get if that was their whole point of playing the first level. Turns out people were able to crack 60k and now the people competing are hungry for another challenge.
So, the new challenge is to use the shortcut rooms, go to the first Jungle, Ice, or Temple level, and do the same thing.
We came up with some rules based on the first challenge, and here's how they play out:
- This is an honor competition. Yes there are ways to cheat. Cheating for honor is like bombing for peace. Please follow the spirit of the competition which is everyone starting with exactly the same starting position.
- No mods of any kind should be in effect for the challenge. Please be using vanilla Spelunky 1.1
- You should be playing as Indie, and not as one of the other two characters.
- You need to make it to the end of the level, and post a screenshot (hosted by an image hosting service and inline in your post please!) as proof of your accomplishment.
- It should go without saying, but no playing all the way through to the level. You need to go to the shortcut room and go directly to the level for which you're playing the challenge.
Here is the leaderboard. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.LEADERBOARDSFirst Jungle Level Cash Challenge
1. DialFforFunky - $55,250
2. orange08 - $51,500
3. DialFforFunky - $51,250First Ice Level Cash Challenge
1. orange08 - $42,300
2. DialFforFunky - $41,400
3. Damsel- $22,650First Temple Level Cash Challenge
1. DialFforFunky - $48,525
2. orange08 - $42,175
3. Damsel - $17,850