Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Endless mode  (Read 2262 times)
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »

lol, maybe it could go all Tetris on the players ass and as you get extremely deep the ENTIRE GAME speeds up and up and up.

Probably not possible, at all...
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 01:54:44 AM »

even if you don't speed up, more traps and bad guys well get you sooner or later no mater how many bombs and ropes you have, and then the shop keeper gets pissed off at you, and then there are bomb frogs jumping around as a mummy shoots flys at you and they die and start to go off and some of the frogs going flyign at you....

or any other number of evil traps.
Jetpack.
Bombs.
Kapala + Yeti Blender.
Tunnel Man.
Any combination of the four.

aaagh. Eguee beat me to it.

Be afraid.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

Actually, I think I will take a crack at an endless mode. However, I'd have to build a few more transition levels. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

I expect Derek won't be too happy with me for modding the game before the source is out, but this is such an awesome feature that it shouldn't have to wait.

I can't think of any reason we would need the Olmec battle room, so I'll take it out unless you think it should be an automatic encounter at level 16. Also, records accumulated should be seperate from the original Spelunky, so I think I'll change that around. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:23:49 PM by GreyMario » Logged
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 08:39:49 AM »

The way I would do infinite mode is:

- After level 16, you go back to level 1.  You could replace the final boss with an ordinary Area 4 level.
- You lose all your items, except for bombs, ropes, HPs, and Kapala.
- You can visit the Black Market and CoG again.
- All monsters have double HP.
- After level 32, now all monsters have triple HP. (etc)

If you want to be really nasty, have more dark levels.  Have some dark levels where the player isn't given a crate of flares.
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »

The way I would do infinite mode is:

- After level 16, you go back to level 1.  You could replace the final boss with an ordinary Area 4 level.
- You lose all your items, except for bombs, ropes, HPs, and Kapala.
- You can visit the Black Market and CoG again.
- All monsters have double HP.
- After level 32, now all monsters have triple HP. (etc)

If you want to be really nasty, have more dark levels.  Have some dark levels where the player isn't given a crate of flares.

I like this idea. I still reckon that a more fully random mode would be better but this sound a helluva lot easier to code.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: