Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Defective stone  (Read 3022 times)
DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »

I had an odd error today while running around in the wet fur level. The problem was that stones did not hit their targets anymore. I havn't got a clue on how this got to be, so I'll just give a detailed description of what happened.

I played as TM, aready being in posession of the helm of which I tend to forget the name. I flew around with my jetpack, picked up a copse to trow at the yeti king, then finished him off with a stone. As the level was full of yetis, I decided to make a mashing pit to feed on, containing all the corpses in the level. This went well, even killing some yetis with a stone. After I finished all the yetis, I decided I'd want some frozen cavemen as well. That's when the stone went bad. After I freed the caveman from the ice I tried to hit it with the stone after it got up. It flew right though him without doing any damage though. I tried several times, initially believing it was my poor aim, but after losing 4 health in this process, I decided to just finish the guy with a few jumps. I finished filling the pit, but after I strew in the rock, nothing happened. I picked up another rock, but it showed the same problem. I managed to get some blood by simply axing them, but I left the room a bit grumpy about the fact that I gathered 15+ yetis and 3 cavemen for nothing.
Gear: helm, kaplah, jetpack, climbing gloves, pitchers mitt, compass, possibly more.

Anyone had something similar before?

F
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:23:39 PM by DialFforFunky » Logged

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:52:17 AM »

Actually yeah, I can't remember where it was posted before but here's the picture. Though it was a yeti and not a rock, I believe Eguee had some explanation to why it happened.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »

Hmm...that is weird.  I know cavemen are initially invincible when they're freed from ice (so an explosion wouldn't kill them the moment they appear), but for it not to work after the grace period is beyond me.  GM also has some weird hit detection issues.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:58:59 AM »

I don't think I came up with an explanation.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:20:12 AM »

You're right, I found the thread and it seems to have gone more into the issue of jetpacks working underwater than the actual bug mentioned.

But I did find another one about rock going through a frog with the pitcher mitt equipped. Though not much was mentioned in the way of fix/explanation, seems a rare occurrence anyway.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: