Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I made a Spelunky fansite :u  (Read 5561 times)
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:01 AM »

http://spelunkybae.webs.com/
Please to be enjoying the quite empty front page.

So yeah, in order to get everything in one place I quickly made a site for myself to put spelunky related things on. Its about... 60-70% done~

• Updates Page = Completed
  • Downloads (mods) page = Completed
  • User levels page (recommendations) = Not Complete; I need to go through all the levels I've downloaded and see which I like enough to show off
  • My levels page = Not Complete; I have to finish some before I upload them, not much left to them though
  • Posts page = Completed
  • Videos page = Completed
  • Photos page = Not Complete; I need to scour my computer for the few Spelunky pics Ive taken
  • Links page = Not Complete; I don't have any ideas what to link yet (Suggestions?)
  • Contact us page = Completed
  • Guest Book = Completed
I might also change the home page, I planned to just link the Updates page but /apps/blog looks ugly on the url.

So what do people think? I'm sorry there isn't much content yet, but its good for a days work right? I should have it all finished by sometime tomorrow if I'm lucky.

:u I do hope this thread is relevant enough to post, after all this site is going to be the portal to lots of Spelunky related thingies that also relate to me in some way because I either made it or liked it enough to put up.

It's 5AM, Mars you though you were tired...

FUN FACT

as far as total time spent on this site goes... I'd say 6 hours at most so far, I'm kinda proud of myself  Cheesy

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Dudemaster
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:01:57 AM »

Wow, unless you used a template, that is BLOODY GORGEOUS!

You sir are a HTML God, what can I say.

I've made way crappier looking websites after 12 hours of work, although I do use lots more CSS, typically...

I so wish I knew JavaScript like you...

If you know any good free website that can teach me some basic JavaScript 'techniques', please let me know!

BTW, you probably made this very hastily didn't you? [Under 'Posts'] 'Don't expect a lot to be here, I'm not the interesting.'

Unless English isn't your first language, that's okay Smiley.

Overall, great website. The design is very appealing and looks professional. Why not create some sort of automated submission system (preferably PHP tables and stuff) like I believe there is in http://www.spelunkylevels.tk/. It could make a great rival!

Anyway, congratulations on your great website!!
Yknuleps II
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »

Spelunitic Death Montage is pure awesomness ^^ Cheesy

Don't read this again.
No, seriously, stop reading it now.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »

Not bad, not bad at all.

(Based on what you think of tastes like booms, I am kinda suprized you didn't say anything about gates of hell/evil death, you may like gummy's gravity mods as well)

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »

'freewebs' *throws up in mouth a little*

You should take a look at http://freehostia.com and http://0000free.com/, both much better free website hosts.  I've used both of them myself at some point in the past.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:40:07 PM by TyrannicalOverlordC » Logged

Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »

HA wow lots of nice responses.

Wow, unless you used a template, that is BLOODY GORGEOUS!

You sir are a HTML God, what can I say.

I've made way crappier looking websites after 12 hours of work, although I do use lots more CSS, typically...

I so wish I knew JavaScript like you...

If you know any good free website that can teach me some basic JavaScript 'techniques', please let me know!

BTW, you probably made this very hastily didn't you? [Under 'Posts'] 'Don't expect a lot to be here, I'm not the interesting.'

Unless English isn't your first language, that's okay Smiley.

Overall, great website. The design is very appealing and looks professional. Why not create some sort of automated submission system (preferably PHP tables and stuff) like I believe there is in http://www.spelunkylevels.tk/. It could make a great rival!

Anyway, congratulations on your great website!!

Im sorry to horrendously disappoint you, but yes its made with templates and things, I wanted a quick easy thing to work with so i could get it done faster with fewer mistakes, if its any saving value im working with a completely HTML/CSS/things like that based website on Zymec, another template but its much more work on my part, and hopefully the template will be fully customized by the time im done, right now im at a snag with it. Because of the way the files work I have to plan ahead and know exactly what I want so I can put all the files in the right place so nothing is cluttered.

So basically all that praise about me being some god are rather incorrect erlol, though you can probably find something about JavaScript on the zymec forums, the site lets you code in a few different languages so theres tutorials all around, im not sure if there are JS tuts but its worth a lookie

And what do you mean hastily? Like in a rush or without confidence? That specific part of text you quoted is just my self abusive humor, I have odd senses of humor if you cant tell, see the contact us page for more on that lol

oh wait

im not the interesting

hahahaha damn it i knew there would be a typo somewhere

A submission system for what exactly? for my own things its easy enough to work the way I am, and its really only supposed to be for myself, I mean, you guys have your mossmouth and your spelunkylevels, I just thought this would be a nice little place to collect all my own stuff

If you were suggesting users outside of myself should be able to upload content... i could maybe work on a community site if enough people want it, it isnt that hard it seems...

Not bad, not bad at all.

(Based on what you think of tastes like booms, I am kinda suprized you didn't say anything about gates of hell/evil death, you may like gummy's gravity mods as well)

I was getting tired of adding mods to the list, I almost wrote down evil death  but I was like TOO MANY, ME BORED, ONLY FAVORITE MODS. And I havent played enough of GoH yet to really... even understand it lol, its still like fetus phase isnt it? (Read as: Demo)

'freewebs' *throws up in mouth a little*

You should take a look at http://freehostia.com and http://0000free.com/, both much better free website hosts.  I've used both of them myself at some point in the past.

I hate freewebs too, Which is why Im on Zymec for my main site, I will take a look at your links just to see if they're any good for me but I think Im all set now. Its just that I wanted a really quick and easy way to build up a site in like a few days, freewebs did that.

Thanks for the feed back guys, are there any other suggestions for content to add? Im sure you have some ideas for Links i could add, like maybe to these forums and the level archive...

[0/18]complete

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »

Looks great so far.
Thanks for including my mods!

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »

It's cool, I understand, yeah it's still a demon, still need to add a few more bad guys... some laser traps, upgrade the traps, rework the final boss...

But I do like this. this fansite is better for spelunky then the real one right now...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »

Was that typo on purpose or just a coincident (Demon/Demo, GoH, a place where demons reside~)

I would cut Derek some slack, I think he has a lot on his plate trying to get the XBLA spelunky finished, theres also the possibility that he's the one updating the mossmouth and spelunky twittery things, and im sure he has an actual life outside of all that so I can understand why things might not be getting done. Still, I agree things have to be looked after more carefully then they are, he's gotta pass the jobs onto other people.

I type a lot.

Anyway, glad you like the site, Mars, did you try that TLSBoom level I made yet?

[0/18]complete

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:37:17 PM »

Was that typo on purpose or just a coincident (Demon/Demo, GoH, a place where demons reside~)

I would cut Derek some slack, I think he has a lot on his plate trying to get the XBLA spelunky finished, theres also the possibility that he's the one updating the mossmouth and spelunky twittery things, and im sure he has an actual life outside of all that so I can understand why things might not be getting done. Still, I agree things have to be looked after more carefully then they are, he's gotta pass the jobs onto other people.

I type a lot.

Anyway, glad you like the site, Mars, did you try that TLSBoom level I made yet?
that was just my typing way to fast for my own good, but that worked!

and derek has all the slack in the world. he is working hard, and he did all he needed to do (nothing) and more! and 360 verson is being worked on so... yeah

um... mabey not? I was am making venom spiders in the final levels of tastes like spelunky!

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:34:43 AM »

Bah, no Spelunky Shopkeep.  Tongue

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 03:41:39 AM »

I was getting bored man, favorite mods only, too lazy to add the ones everyone else is going to download anyway, people might not have clicked my favorite mods any other way idk

[0/18]complete

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 03:57:49 AM »

Hey, I can read between the lines, "everybody hates me", I get it.

No but the site is pretty nice anyway, that's what I should have said instead.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 04:10:17 AM »

asffd thats why you left isnt it, you silly person, I missed you because you were one of the four people on this site I payed attention too before I signed up.

And I just said Everyone is going to want the shopkeeper mod, it's most people's dream to play as him

Plus I was reeeaally tired of adding mods to the list, I almost included yours, I just thought most people would have gotten it them self so i could focus on the mods people are going to over look

[0/18]complete

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: