Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Become a Vampire  (Read 3417 times)
MiniMinion
Seedling

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »

Hey Guys, I'm new here, but not new to Spelunky. Hello!

This idea is very long and complicated, so it is very unlikely, but I thought it was cool, and here it is.

On "The Dead Are Restless" levels there will be a special tomb. Destroy the tomb with a bomb to find a secret door that can only be opened while holding a skull to enter the secret level of the damned. This level is much like a regular "Dead are restless" level, however the ghost will spawn after only thirty seconds to kill you, and there is a special reward. On this level there is a peculiar damsel - a damsel of the dead - a bride of Dracula. If you manage to safely bring her to the exit of the level without facing the cold touch of the ghost she, as all other damsels do, will give you a kiss... of the DAMNED!!! lol. When you enter the next level you will be a vampire with all of the benefits and detriments that that entails.

Ha.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »

Nice, but there's no sun underground, what would be the drawback? You couldn't get hurt in water, sometimes you have to swim. Wouldn't want the ankh to kill you or something cheap like that (there are no crosses). Maybe Damsels would run from you on site and taking them through levels gives you a "feeding" animation instead of kiss. Shopkeepers would be insta-aggro, and bats would ignore you. I do really like the idea of having more, hidden extra stages like the caves in Nethack. This could be a cool addition if done well, but of course, I'm just a vamp freak too. (see my name?)

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »

I like it.

Heck it would be really cool if you played as the girl and then turned into a girl vampire.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
DirkRhyolite
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »

Arucard's avatar inspired another idea. Suppose, in the restless dead level, there is also a witch (perhaps disguised as a damsel). If you kill the witch, you have to play as a frog in the following levels.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »

That makes me think of the wizards in ghosts and goblins. Attacking certain gravestones could produce a witch/wizard who would curse you. Being a frog might let you jump higher, but limit your attack to only stomping enemies. Oh, and getting hit should make you have only your underwear on. Shocked ???j/k

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »

That would be downright scary.

Be afraid.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

I do like the vampire idea. It would be cool to have a hidden thing like that in every area...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:16:05 AM »

Yeah i think this is a great idea, if it doesn't get implemented I'd really like to try modding it in!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: