Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Spelunky Mod (YASM) 1.8.1  (Read 109886 times)
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

Is there anyway to combine this with Seed of Spelunky??
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »

Is there anyway to combine this with Seed of Spelunky??

I intend to try, so i'll let you know how it works out either way.

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

Great! Thanks!
Dimpl
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »

Love the changes in this!

Suggestions: Prevent shops (and maybe altars?) from spawning on the same level as the idol in world 1 (to prevent shop destruction by boulder).

Allow mattocks to dig upwards? (similarly to digging down, but with up lkey held).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:35:53 AM by Dimpl » Logged
DooM Marine
Shoot

Yep.

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2013, 03:34:04 AM »

Suggestions: Prevent shops (and maybe altars?) from spawning on the same level as the idol in world 1 (to prevent shop destruction by boulder).

Allow mattocks to dig upwards? (similarly to digging down, but with up lkey held).

Place a bomb below where the boulder will fall and time it so it explodes when the boulder comes close; the boulder with crumble into nothing but a rock. Don't try this is HD spelunky though, since it only gives the boulder more momentum. Or better yet just bomb/mine the idol platform since the trap doesn't go off from that. But still, don't try that trick either in HD.

Ooh, money!
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »

1. I rather disagree with this. It's the person's fault for not checking if there's a shop and the idol trap on the same floor.

2. The game's objective is to go down. If you accidentally went down when you're looking for something, use Gloves, Jetpack, Spring shoes or ropes. If you have neither of those, well you've got a bad run.
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2013, 05:51:42 AM »

So I made a level with Editor Plus and YASM isn't loading it right. Some of the blocks are gone or out of place.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2013, 06:48:27 AM »

So I made a level with Editor Plus and YASM isn't loading it right. Some of the blocks are gone or out of place.
Isn't this a known problem?
I guess the sign used for a particular object in one of the mods is used for another in the another.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »

YASM should be fully compatible with Ed+ levels. Are you using a recent version of YASM, Cyclone? Older versions still had problems with that ASCII/Unicode level business but the last few version should load either.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »

YASM should be fully compatible with Ed+ levels. Are you using a recent version of YASM, Cyclone? Older versions still had problems with that ASCII/Unicode level business but the last few version should load either.
I don't know, but for me, YASM levels don't work in Ed+ (I don't know if it occurs the other way around too). They load, but there are different tiles instead of what it's supposed to be.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:56 AM »

I'm looking into Cyclone's level with him to try and sort it out.

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »

Most of the problems were caused by some bad replacement signs that only messed stuff up in Editor Plus's play mode and YASM for some reason. My fault, not Moloch's.

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »

While building a level set I discovered that your inventory will accept multiples of equipment like Climbing Gloves and the Compass. Since they cannot be dropped, they end up clogging slots up.

This happens in the main game as well as custom levels.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »

This is intentional. You can press the Pay button while equipment is selected in the inventory menu to put it back in your hands to drop or sell back to a shopkeeper.

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

This is intentional. You can press the Pay button while equipment is selected in the inventory menu to put it back in your hands to drop or sell back to a shopkeeper.

Oh. Sorry about that Grin

EDIT: This error message:
Code:
for object oPlayer1:

Error in code at line 911:
                               if !sprung
                                   ^
at position 34: Unknown variable sprung

for object oPlayer1:

Error in code at line 940:
                           if !sprung
                               ^
at position 30: Unknown variable sprung
occurs everytime I pick up two particular objects (a heart powerup and an idol) in that same set. This happens in YASM, but not in Editor Plus (for real this time). I can press ignore and keep playing, but it seems to stop a trap from triggering when the idol is moved.

I feel sort of dumb after posting two false error reports in a row, but this seems more likely to actually be a coding issue. Not sure why it only happens in those two particular spots.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:31:57 PM by Cyclone » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: