Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Spelunky Mod (YASM) 1.8.1  (Read 112927 times)
Delver
Bean

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »

Your mod has officially become my default ^^

Like how item joggling has been reduced to the bare essential (damsels and idols), thought I kinda miss dishing the girl for a shotgun xD

One thing I would really like to do was to sell that second jetpack, instead of having it magically absorbed by my first one.

So I fixed it, and decided I wanted to share:

YASM fanmod.exe:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w4gtevlxnyll1h6

YASM_1_6 fanmod.gmk:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ppneb454nz6ng7m

added:
+ buying items new add to the shopkeepers funds, so you can buy all his stuff then get full price for your jetpack.
+ killing the shopkeeper makes him drop all his funds!
+ you can brake the bank when playing at the dice house
+ multiples of the same equipment in the inventory, like jetpacks!

Hope it's al right to post my fan-mod of your mod in your tread Smiley 
loganizedlink
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »

nice!
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »

added:
+ buying items new add to the shopkeepers funds, so you can buy all his stuff then get full price for your jetpack.
+ killing the shopkeeper makes him drop all his funds!
+ you can brake the bank when playing at the dice house
+ multiples of the same equipment in the inventory, like jetpacks!

Hope it's al right to post my fan-mod of your mod in your tread Smiley 

I like it! Added links to it in first post. Played for about 45 minutes to try it out, probably the most Spelunky i've played in over a year :O

Are you working on any new mods of your own, Delver?

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

If you add a save feature
that would be great Grin
Especially if it works in custom levels.

Anyway, I've decided to finally get to work on that level concept I had, so can you update this with the new Magic Signs and Editor Plus? It would add a lot to it.

Second paragraph is directed a Moloch, obviously.

Changed my name again because I felt like it.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

that would be great Grin

Anyway, I've decided to finally get to work on that level concept I had, so can you update this with the new Magic Signs and Editor Plus? It would add a lot to it.

Putting in time here and there updating this... 1.7 will include Delver's improvements and more. Latest Magic Signs is already in because...easy. Regretfully I switched to GM 8.1, early on in the update, so I hope Editor Plus stuff will work ok if I switch back to 8.0.

Cyclone, I totally recognize your avatar but I can't think of your old username! Hint?

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »

that would be great Grin

Putting in time here and there updating this... 1.7 will include Delver's improvements and more. Latest Magic Signs is already in because...easy. Regretfully I switched to GM 8.1, early on in the update, so I hope Editor Plus stuff will work ok if I switch back to 8.0.

Cyclone, I totally recognize your avatar but I can't think of your old username! Hint?

Why do you need to switch back to 8.1? Something in the new Editor Plus broke older levels, so your concerns may be justified.

My old username was Apollo, but I switched back because there was someone with that name on another forum that eerily resembled me.

My original name was Olmec 74.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »

Yeah it's the same issue. The differences in the way GM 8.0 and 8.1 handle the extended ASCII stuff used in Editor+ lvl files because of the added unicode support in 8.1. I don't remember what state the custom levels in YASM are in right now.., need to load some old levels and see.

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »

Do you have any intention of adding a save system? I like the password thing Urza made, but it's still not quite as effective.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »

Would you expect the save system to work differently than how checkpoint signs (from TLS/Editor+) already work in custom levels? I'm guessing you mean saving between gameplay sessions as well as being able to retry the level after dying?

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »

Would you expect the save system to work differently than how checkpoint signs (from TLS/Editor+) already work in custom levels? I'm guessing you mean saving between gameplay sessions as well as being able to retry the level after dying?
I mean saving between gameplay sessions. Not sure if that would be possible with custom levels, though.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:37 AM »

The way TLS and Editor+ do it is to create a temp file with the game's data that's loaded when you retry. The file's supposed to vanish after it's not needed, but I think TOC missed a delete(file) line somewhere, as it can hang around even after the game is closed. You can also copy it and save it somewhere else if you don't want to lose it.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:24 AM »

The way TLS and Editor+ do it is to create a temp file with the game's data that's loaded when you retry. The file's supposed to vanish after it's not needed, but I think TOC missed a delete(file) line somewhere, as it can hang around even after the game is closed. You can also copy it and save it somewhere else if you don't want to lose it.
Does that work for multiple levels, or just one at a time?

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »

I mean saving between gameplay sessions. Not sure if that would be possible with custom levels, though.

Yeah it works. I guess you could compare GM's built in save/load system to 'save states' if you're familiar with console emulators (technically I don't know what's going on).

Does that work for multiple levels, or just one at a time?

There's only one file for TLS/Editor+ save which gets overwritten every time a checkpoint is used, but having multiple saves would be as easy as using multiple file names or letting the player input a filename.

I always wonder why it's called 'cutempdump' Cheesy
You could save to temp_directory so it gets deleted automatically.

ATP
Bean

4 Colors > 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

Yeah it works. I guess you could compare GM's built in save/load system to 'save states' if you're familiar with console emulators (technically I don't know what's going on).
They're basically the same thing, unless you restrict saving.

only one file for TLS/Editor+ save which gets overwritten every time a checkpoint is used, but having multiple saves would be as easy as using multiple file names or letting the player input a filename.
That could work. I don't have the pro version of 8.1, but someone who does could implement that fairly easily.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »

I always wonder why it's called 'cutempdump' Cheesy
TOC named it cutempdump, which I interpret as cu (custom) temp (temporary) dump (poop).

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: