So I basically just made a level where every item was present and started $%^&ing around. Some thoughts:
1) Kind of like the jet pack and cape, it might be interesting if all equipment worked in a realistic way, such as only being able to wear one pair of gloves or one pair of boots at a time.
2) It could add some interesting strategy to the system if items that can stack (rocks, arrows, skulls) had a stac kcap that was the same as the number of inventory spaces in the Spelunker's bag. Keep in mind, I don't mean that if he only has 10 spaces remaining that he can only stack up to 10: I mean that if you take the total number of spaces available in his entire inventory, eah stack could have that limit. This is fairly realistic: implying that these smaller items can each be store alongside another item, and means that you can't just stock up on 99 rocks and arrows in the first four levels and have an unlimited supply of these admittedly really useful items throughout the rest of the game.
Just suggestions though! Don't feel the need to add them if people don't think they sound like good ideas.
1) kinnik suggested this too but i'm not sure if i'll put it in. The jetpack and cape conflict with each other (when I first added them to the inventory you could wear them both at the same time and the effect was weird), but different sets of gloves/shoes don't. It's not realistic to wear both at the same time, but having to switch shoes/gloves all the time as your situation changes seems like a hassle. Say I go to stomp on a mantrap with my spike shoes but I forget i'm wearing spring shoes and he swallows me.. i would be PISSED.
2) I'm just going to make the rock, flare, skull, and fishbone unstackable. There are 16 inventory slots and there isn't really any need to carry more than a few of these items at a time. I'm not sure about limiting arrows yet, maybe let them stack to 24.
I'm also thinking about having the game start with 4 inventory slots, and at 3 seperate points you can pay to expand your inventory by 4 more slots (a shopkeeper you meet in certain transition rooms maybe).
1) May I have the level code from bazzro mode?
2) jars are worth more the flares?
3) If this keeps up this will be as good or better then tastes like. Just saying people need to look at this.
1) Sure, look in the YASM folders under scripts/objects for scrEntityGenBizarre (which is called by scrInitLevel), scrDecorate, and oBizarre. There are 4 globals set in scrScumGlobals (they should be labeled) that are used by bizarre mode, global.eMult is set to half of whatever your enemy multiplier is in the settings file because bizarre mode generates a lot more enemies than the normal game so you can just set to 1 or whatever you like or edit it out of the scripts.
2) i thought that a jar which may have archeological value, and could also contain treasure, would be worth more than a flare. In any case, selling a jar is usually not worth it, because it could contain a gold nugget or gem that's worth more than a shopkeeper will ever pay you for the jar.
When I went to look up the prices i had set for jars and flares I found a bug with the resale prices, so.. thanks! Item values increase by 10% every level above level 2, so a machete that costs $7000 in a shop on level 2 will cost $14000 from a shop on level 12. Shopkeepers buy stuff for half their current value (and may offer less if you aren't paying attention!), so if you hold onto that machete for 10 levels then you can sell it for what you originally paid (not that $7000 means much at that point). Anyway I missed something in the setting of resale prices for level 1 and 2, so in those levels you can sell stuff for their full value instead of half. Not a big deal but the amount of money shopkeepers have available to buy your stuff also increases each level, and at level 1 and 2 they may turn down your offers more often because they don't have enough cash to buy pricier items at full value.
3) thanks but I think TLS is on a whole other level. I should also mention that adding support for Editor Plus levels was made possible by TLS source.