Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Spelunky Mod (YASM) 1.8.1  (Read 38454 times)
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 08:09:23 PM »

So I basically just made a level where every item was present and started $%^&ing around. Some thoughts:

1) Kind of like the jet pack and cape, it might be interesting if all equipment worked in a realistic way, such as only being able to wear one pair of gloves or one pair of boots at a time.

2) It could add some interesting strategy to the system if items that can stack (rocks, arrows, skulls) had a stac kcap that was the same as the number of inventory spaces in the Spelunker's bag. Keep in mind, I don't mean that if he only has 10 spaces remaining that he can only stack up to 10: I mean that if you take the total number of spaces available in his entire inventory, eah stack could have that limit. This is fairly realistic: implying that these smaller items can each be store alongside another item, and means that you can't just stock up on 99 rocks and arrows in the first four levels and have an unlimited supply of these admittedly really useful items throughout the rest of the game.

Just suggestions though! Don't feel the need to add them if people don't think they sound like good ideas.  Smiley

1) kinnik suggested this too but i'm not sure if i'll put it in. The jetpack and cape conflict with each other (when I first added them to the inventory you could wear them both at the same time and the effect was weird), but different sets of gloves/shoes don't. It's not realistic to wear both at the same time, but having to switch shoes/gloves all the time as your situation changes seems like a hassle. Say I go to stomp on a mantrap with my spike shoes but I forget i'm wearing spring shoes and he swallows me.. i would be PISSED.

2) I'm just going to make the rock, flare, skull, and fishbone unstackable. There are 16 inventory slots and there isn't really any need to carry more than a few of these items at a time. I'm not sure about limiting arrows yet, maybe let them stack to 24.
I'm also thinking about having the game start with 4 inventory slots, and at 3 seperate points you can pay to expand your inventory by 4 more slots (a shopkeeper you meet in certain transition rooms maybe).

1) May I have the level code from bazzro mode?

2) jars are worth more the flares?

3) If this keeps up this will be as good or better then tastes like. Just saying people need to look at this.

1) Sure, look in the YASM folders under scripts/objects for scrEntityGenBizarre (which is called by scrInitLevel), scrDecorate, and oBizarre.  There are 4 globals set in scrScumGlobals (they should be labeled) that are used by bizarre mode, global.eMult is set to half of whatever your enemy multiplier is in the settings file because bizarre mode generates a lot more enemies than the normal game so you can just set to 1 or whatever you like or edit it out of the scripts.

2) i thought that a jar which may have archeological value, and could also contain treasure, would be worth more than a flare. In any case, selling a jar is usually not worth it, because it could contain a gold nugget or gem that's worth more than a shopkeeper will ever pay you for the jar.
When I went to look up the prices i had set for jars and flares I found a bug with the resale prices, so.. thanks! Item values increase by 10% every level above level 2, so a machete that costs $7000 in a shop on level 2 will cost $14000 from a shop on level 12. Shopkeepers buy stuff for half their current value (and may offer less if you aren't paying attention!), so if you hold onto that machete for 10 levels then you can sell it for what you originally paid (not that $7000 means much at that point). Anyway I missed something in the setting of resale prices for level 1 and 2, so in those levels you can sell stuff for their full value instead of half. Not a big deal but the amount of money shopkeepers have available to buy your stuff also increases each level, and at level 1 and 2 they may turn down your offers more often because they don't have enough cash to buy pricier items at full value.

3) thanks but I think TLS is on a whole other level.  I should also mention that adding support for Editor Plus levels was made possible by TLS source.

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »

Ooh, the ideas of change, scary scary.

I would say add everything you feel like coding, but give the option to turn it on or off (that way I can fulfill my pack rat tendencies)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »

on that note, I really like the messege when trying to sell a rock.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 01:16:49 PM »

UPDATE..
v1.4.1:
This update just fixes a few minor things. I wanted to get it out so I can focus my attention on a new mod. See first post for new download link.

- Rocks, flares, skulls and fishbones are no longer stackable by default.
- Added option in settings file to allow player to stack the above items like in previous versions.
- Fixed incorrect resale prices for items in levels 1 and 2.
- Fixed mini-bosses in Editor Plus levels that were dropping gems when they weren't supposed to.
- Fixed rope item disappearing when falling off screen and gaps appearing in climbable rope when created off screen.

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

UPDATE:
v1.5

- Added Magic Signs 2.0
- Level loading compatibility with recent updates of Editor Plus (layers, custom crate contents, alien tiles).
- Added new object/sprite resources that can be used with Magic Signs.
- Added enemies from Spelunky X (along with poison mechanics). They can be encountered in bizarre mode or used with Magic Signs.
- Seperate stats file (stats_YASM.txt).
- Added stat tracking for money earned, money spent, sacrifices, and suicides.
- Some other small stuff.

Please download and try the level pack too, which shows some of the things you can do in custom levels using Magic Signs, including creating shops, and new enemies/objects.

Pics:

New guys.

Terry sells those shoes with the air pockets in them.

Bizarre mode.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:01:32 PM by Moloch » Logged

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »

Wow this looks really and truely epic...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »

so, by combining Editor + support, Magic Signs, AND Spelunky x... right now this mod only is rivaled by TLS

but is it portable?! (wasnt it you who made the portable mod?)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »

so, by combining Editor + support, Magic Signs, AND Spelunky x... right now this mod only is rivaled by TLS

but is it portable?! (wasnt it you who made the portable mod?)

The editor itself doesn't have any Editor Plus/TLS features, so it can be a bit inconvenient right now. If you wanted to make a level with layers you would have to use Editor Plus to edit and save, then load and test in YASM.

And yes it is also portable (saves progress to a file instead of using registry).

ManaUser
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »

This looks crazy impressive! (And impressively crazy) What's the deal with the hats anyway?

Edit:
::plays demo levels:: Oh. I guess I understand that hats now... kind of. XD
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:58:30 PM by ManaUser » Logged

Things that hop are evil.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »

The hats are just for fun.. different hats do not grant unique abilities or anything like that, you set up the oMan how you like with the magic sign.
The things you can change include:
- hat sprite (there are 11 hat/mask sprites that are designed to fit over his head, but you can use any sprite of course)
- what object he drops on death
- how many of that object are dropped
- whether or not he can pick up and throw rocks (default on)
- if he spawns armed with a rock (default off)
.. and all the usual stuff like hp, how long he stays stunned for, etc.

Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »

The hats are just for fun...
- hat sprite (there are 11 hat/mask sprites that are designed to fit over his head, but you can use any sprite of course)
Oh my Kali!

This is just like Team Fortress 2!
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »

New:
v1.6

- Updated Magic Signs to 2.1.1
- Added global.skipTransition - set this to 1 using Magic Signs to skip the transition/scoreboard screen in between custom levels (must be set for each level). This enables you to have instant level transitions between interconnected levels.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.

Sample custom levels are now included in the download, including the Magic Signs levels that Urza/ManaUser has released so far.

supermariousa
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »

I love what happens when you try and sell a rock to a shopkeep! xD

Also this is a fantastic mod! It rawks mah sawks!
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »

Just downloaded it today it was pretty great
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm having trouble finding time to make another update, but it will come eventually.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: