Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Spelunky Mod (YASM) 1.8.1  (Read 110551 times)
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:16 AM »

UPDATE..
v1.3

- The inventory menu is now integrated into the pause screen, allowing the SWITCH key to swap through your inventory without pausing the game.
- You can now sell your items and equipment to shopkeepers.
- There is now a chance something will fall out of your inventory when you get stunned. Chances of this happening are low, but increases with the more inventory slots you use.
- Added link to source (kinnik!).

Dudemaster
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »

UPDATE..
- The inventory menu is now integrated into the pause screen, allowing the SWITCH key to swap through your inventory without pausing the game.
- You can now sell your items and equipment to shopkeepers.

I came BUCKETS

- There is now a chance something will fall out of your inventory when you get stunned. Chances of this happening are low, but increases with the more inventory slots you use.

Good idea! This, I hope, will slightly increase how challenging the game is (back to the difficulty of vanilla Spelunky, that is). Still, I'm afraid I can't check it out on my shitty netbook, which I have to use while on 'holiday' (now)...
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »

YAY!!!  This is in Labyrinth asap!  Thank you!!

I make a suggestion, I was going to add this myself.. eventually..

That's to have equipped item slots for 'collectibles'..  Ie, a place for boots, a place for back, place for head.... so you can only wear one pair of boots, umm, I guess there isn't much in vanilla that overlaps.  just a thought.

Thanks again!  I bet I'll finally make it past level three in my mod now!
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »

I came BUCKETS

AHA THATS ENOUGH 4CHAN FOR YOU I THINK.

Updated release of YASM? I am excite, I must download ASAP

YASM ASAP too many acronyms IMHO

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

Playing with everything set to maximum is fun. Has to be the first time I got 50 kills in one level.
ManaUser
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »

Am I the only one who noticed new play modes accessible through the passage off the score room? Interesting stuff. Looks promising.

Things that hop are evil.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »

After really playing this mod for the frist time, I have to say:

This is an epic mod, if you keep going with this, this could be on the same level as tastes like, and I am not joking or overstating this.

Also I would really like to steal those new bad guys from the new mods.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Sexy Penguin
Seedling

DDD

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 08:43:16 AM »

Needs moar exposure

Opinions are like assholes; Everyone has one!
ptmc2112
Bulb

ptmc2112@hotmail.com ptmc2112
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

FATAL BUG:
okay, it was on level 5 that it happened (played from level 1), had climbing gloves, spring shoes, and other stuff I can't remember.

Here's what happened: I had stunned a caveman, picked him up and was climbing up a cliff with a man-eating plant at the top to feed the caveman to, and I think it happened when the caveman "collided" with the man eating plant as I was holding him.
Apparently had suffered a crash that came with a report that repeated every time I clicked the ignore button that gave the following:

for object oScreen:

In script scrSurfaceDefaultInventory:
In script scrDrawHUD:
Error in code at line 163:
               oPlayer1.pickupItemType== "Yeti") draw_sprite(oPlayer1.holdItem.sprite_index, 0, 8, 21)
                                                                               ^
at position 78: Unknown variable sprite_index

(the arrow (^) is pointing at the o in oPlayer1.holdItem.sprite_index)

EDIT: In case you're wondering, I don't have Game Maker.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:52:01 PM by ptmc2112 » Logged

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »

FATAL BUG:

Thanks! It will be fixed in the next update, which should be out in the next few days.

Also I would really like to steal those new bad guys from the new mods.

Not sure what which guys or what mod you are talking about, but you can steal whatever you like from YASM.  Cheesy

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 11:47:35 AM »

UPDATE: v1.4

Changes include..
- You can now carry more than one unstackable item of the same type in your inventory.
- Bizarre Mode (accessible from the highscores screen) is a lot more balanced. You can encounter enemies and minibosses of any type on any level.
- You can play (not edit) Editor Plus levels.
- If you set the ghost timer in the settings file to 666, the ghost will spawn immediately at the start of the level (including level 1). This idea came from the 'extra challenges' thread.

I'll continue to fix bugs and take suggestions as they come but otherwise i feel the mod is becoming a bit bloated with random stuff.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »

this is epic.

Thanks a lot!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »

This is ridiculously awesome. I will immediately start designing levels with this Mod in mind.  Grin
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »

So I basically just made a level where every item was present and started $%^&ing around. Some thoughts:

1) Kind of like the jet pack and cape, it might be interesting if all equipment worked in a realistic way, such as only being able to wear one pair of gloves or one pair of boots at a time.

2) It could add some interesting strategy to the system if items that can stack (rocks, arrows, skulls) had a stac kcap that was the same as the number of inventory spaces in the Spelunker's bag. Keep in mind, I don't mean that if he only has 10 spaces remaining that he can only stack up to 10: I mean that if you take the total number of spaces available in his entire inventory, eah stack could have that limit. This is fairly realistic: implying that these smaller items can each be store alongside another item, and means that you can't just stock up on 99 rocks and arrows in the first four levels and have an unlimited supply of these admittedly really useful items throughout the rest of the game.

Just suggestions though! Don't feel the need to add them if people don't think they sound like good ideas.  Smiley
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »

1) May I have the level code from bazzro mode?

2) jars are worth more the flares?

3) If this keeps up this will be as good or better then tastes like. Just saying people need to look at this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: