news from the trenches:
- I found a gnome for sale outside of shop. I didn't note until I picked him up, and a shopkeeper shouted from out of nowhere that I was a thief.
- usefull item from chest can become something you already have
perhaps a mechanic like sacrificing might work.
- a dropped gnome disappeared into thin air. no slidable blocks or anything. edit: see below.
- i found a scroll sticking partially out of ground, yet it was not pick-upable. is that ok?
2 health bats are too strong. without a ranged weapon they are a near auto-lose 1 health, as you fall through them on the 2nd air jump, and you can't whip em quick enough. perhaps just make them 1 health and quicker? or make them 2 health but slower?
edit: After more testing, I found they just need some getting used to. They are manageable. Just hard. Always carry around throwable stuff. Always.
- rescuing 2 gnomes work, though there's only one gnome kissing you in the passage shot (yuck...)
- my start is regularly blocked. not much of a problem, but it looks a bit... unpolished...
speedrun! 6 minutes! woot!
I still havn't managed to get past lvl 2 though. I was doing quite good, 42 bombs, 23 ropes, cape and climbing gloves. I used a bomb to kill a vampire on the other side of a block, but then a block fell upon me from outside the screen in mid air.
I suddenly got an idea for a great upgrade: a helmet. It moves you one space sidewarsd if a block ould fall on your head. If the space is not available, you still die. god, I'd love to have one of those. The times I got killed by those stupid blocks...
edit: I think I found another bug, which is related to the gnomes diappearing and the scroll stuck in the ground. The following is in the same category:
I've found this on several things, such as crates and mushrooms. Apparently things tend to enter the ground when falling inappropriatly or from large distances. I also think this causes gnomes to die without leaving a body.
Oh, and I hated being in a darkness level
. No lamps, no golden bugs, just a box of flares to deperatly hold on to. gah. Still, I managed to hold out for a good 45 minutes. Untill I met a vampire. Vampires are ugly.
Speaking of flares, that was in idea that I got while playing: infinite flares, possibly without giving any light. Alternatively, you could use tiny-diamond-sized stones or something to represent an out of the ordinary rock picked up from the caves. As long as there's something to mark places you've been.