Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW july30th! Spelunky Labyrinth Explorer (A2) Options room!  (Read 29663 times)
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:50 AM »

Thank you!  I get it now.

So, where do you think the lag is coming from?

Is it just due to having soo many instances loaded at once? (~250-500.. that alot right?)

I also had that lag problem that I 'solved' by restarting the game after making each level....  Maybe that has something to do with the lag?

Do you know if deactivated instances show up in the instance count in the debugger?

If too many instances is the problem, I might be able to solve it by loading around the player in a star shape instead of a box.  Like this:

000X000
00XXX00
0XXPXX0
00XXX00
000X000

instead of
0XXXXX0
0XXXXX0
0XXPXX0
0XXXXX0
0XXXXX0

Then there'd only be 13 rooms loaded at any one time, instead of 25.

So, on the plus side, I rewrote the LOS code to use tiles instead of instances and it runs a good bit better... Still not great tho.
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »

Heh, the exit spawned nearby, and I finished level one in 7 seconds.

New record?
kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

Grin  Ha! 7 seconds...

I thinks it is the quickest. Yup.

I really need to take out giving the map at the start...  Then atleast you may have walked the wrong way right from start.  ;P  I like that there is a chance the exit may be right next to the start.. but I want level two to basicly require that you spend time in level one in order to survive it.

Good damb... trying to optimize LOS is driving me MAD!!!  Looking at the rougelike methods is so interesting but boy do I get lost real quick on it.  I think I'll post a thread asking for help on this and explaining how my code works and why it's not the best....  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:31:45 PM by kinnik » Logged
DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 04:37:06 AM »

Some odd things I found a while ago, but got around uploading just now:

unbreakable wall:

No matter how I tried, the wall on the left could not be destroyed by bombs. I had to put one at the bottom of the unbreakable blocks to get them to drop down, allowing me to bomb the lower tiles. Did cost my six or seven bombs though.

Nearby exit:

It seems just a bit too close. (needles to say I didn't make it though. There was an angry shopkeeper doing its job just a bit too good.)

Something that make me laugh:

I hope this mod is still being worked upon, I still love it in any case.

F

kinnik
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 05:01:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm still on it... A bit too much if you ask me.

Bugs like mad every time I do anything...  Lips Sealed

But some very 'fun' things in the works and I hope a new level type in the not too distant future. 

Also, a new enemy is finished, sprited by the talented Baekara.. and one more very fun enemy shortly down the pipe.

I'm glad you still like it! I'll post an update as soon as the next thing is working!
Sparkle
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

*adds this to list too.* Thanks Moloch Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: